PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Hi, my name is Dave and I just succumbed to PAD. Identified as a Weathered Stone Nose-Warmer Poker, it was innocently posted today on the Boswell Pipes page for their weekly Thursday release. The phone rang on the first attempt and I was warmly greeted on the other end of the phone.
While I favor aros, I asked for a mild English sample as I feel it's time to explore.

Jun 4, 2014
I'm sure you'll enjoy for new pipe, post some photos when it arrives. I have five Boswell pipes, they are all good smokers.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Congratulations Dave, & welcome to the forum. The Weathered Stone finish looks like it will offer plenty of grip. I hope you don't mind; I've posted a couple of pics of your pipe below.
339mujk.jpg

2dma2yx.jpg

lifesizehobbit

Oct 23, 2015
Reb,
I do not mind the pic posting at all and thank you. I thought about inserting the URL direct from their page, but I am new to the Forum and didn't want to commit an early faux paux.
While not a cob, the shape reminds me of Popeye's. :)

doctorbob

Mar 18, 2014
Grand Ledge, Michigan
I was at Boswell's last month and bought a smooth poker from them, excellent pipe. They are very good people, I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
I have 4 Boswell pipes they are a great pipe for the price your paying. The pokers are nice thick walled pipes.

stanlaurel

Jan 31, 2015
Very Nice!! I peruse the Boswell page every week. I've been tempted many times. One of these days I'll pull the trigger. Enjoy.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
That's a sweet looking pipe!! Enjoy. I got a strong hankering for one of their shotgun shell pipes. :puffy:

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Dave,
Be sure & update us about your pipe after you receive it & start to break it in. I usually try & remember Boswell's weekly posting of pipes for sale but just haven't hit on the right combination of pipe & stem to buy. Like jkrug, I like the shot-shell pipes also, in a vulcanite stem.

calabashed

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 10, 2015
Great looking poker! Lately I've noticed a lot of this style on their site, smooth shank with Dan's Weathered Stone rustication for the bowl. I think it's a winning combination, recently picked up a large Canadian from them in the same style.

lifesizehobbit

Oct 23, 2015
Oh the agony; the U.S. Mail still has my pipe. Hopeful for a Monday delivery. In the mean time, I shall humor myself with my Stanwell Churchwarden and a blend from Boswell's.

lifesizehobbit

Oct 23, 2015
Add me to the list of guys looking for the right bowl/stem combo on one of his shot shell pipes!
They have a couple on their page right now...bent billiard style. If I did the URL insert right, there should be 2 pics.
ShotShell4_012.JPG

WSShotShellDAN_004.JPG

lifesizehobbit

Oct 23, 2015
The Poker arrived, and wow! The quality is excellent and the bowl had a great feel to it. The Boswell folks were kind enough to send 2 oz of English blends for me to try. Having been predominantly an aro smoker, I was a bit nervous about an English. The first bowl smoked in the new poker was Boswell's Mild English. My lovely wife upon my opening of the bag uttered an "Ewwwww! Yucky!" Yet I packed a bowl and headed out to the back porch. I enjoyed a full 30 minutes of a cool smoke with a pleasant aroma. We had an unusually warm night here in Ohio and clear skies. I enjoyed myself in the dark listening to the neighborhood dogs bark and crickets. Looks like I'll be working an English into my rotation. My wife came out and was forced to admit the burning aroma was far nicer than the bag and she encouraged me to enjoy away.

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
Your excitement comes through in this post.
My very large Boswell poker is one of my dedicated aro pipes. Always smokes cool and smooth. It doesn't get a lot of use these days, but when it is called to duty, I am reminded of what the Boswell's do best.
Hope you enjoy your new pipe for many years! :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.