PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokedragon

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2013
Hello Fellow Pipe Smokers,
I'm a new member. I've been smoking a pipe since early November I believe. I started with an old Stanwell my father gave me, and my fiancee bought me an estate Peterson Rocky Donegal for Christmas. I decided it was time to buy my first new pipe. Did some research, and have been stalking Boswell's site for a month. Just placed my order for this beauty.
http://www.boswellpipes.com/2tonerustpoker13113.html

J. Mayo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2012
Texas
Damn, I was wondering who got ahold of that one. I've been on the phone with Julie trying to make a selection but everyone I like gets sold right before I call to claim it. She's trying to send me pictures of a different one that's not on their Pipes For Sale page right now. Congrats on the poker! I own two other Boswell's and they are by far my favorite pipes. I have yet to find anything that compares to their quality for the price. Also welcome to the forums, you'll find plenty of helpful and friendly people here!

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
Welcome aboard smokedragon. I think you'll be pleased with your new Boswell. How did you like the old Stanwell. My estate Stanwells are my favorite smokers. I'm always looking for another.

k9shag

Can't Leave
Oct 24, 2012
North Carolina
Congrats. I have a Boswell poker an it is one of my favorites. Just picked up an estate Boswell large stack and love it. Boswells are addicting and their customer service is outstanding

J. Mayo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2012
Texas
Here's what I ended up with. Exactly what I was looking for...something short and rusticated. This is going to be my golf and fishing pipe once I get it broken in good. +1 k9shag, customer service is excellent and Julie was so helpful in picking a pipe I would like and sending me pictures.
DSC08395_zps628075fc.jpg

smokedragon

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2013
@John I was calling in and getting a busy signal for quite a while. I have been counting down the days this week to grab one. I was originally thinking of getting a stubby nose warmer, but I really liked the contrasts on the poker. Yours is a beauty as well. I really like Boswell's rustication look. Stunning really.
@dlattim The pipe my father gave me is a rusticated 2003 pipe of the year. I love the pipe. Great smoker, no problems. My father has been a pipe smoker for many many years. He was going to Cup of Joe's when the business had no website and was just a kiosk in the Aviation Mall in Queensbury, NY! He is an outdoor guy and tends to buy pipes that he smokes 'til they are dead. He's not an avid cleaner :roll:. He originally lent it to me, and I fixed it up to looking like new; polished silver, salt & alcohol treatments, new wax buffing...the works. I sent him pictures and he told me that I should keep it since it was getting more love from me. Wonderful pipe.
@k9shag The customer service was excellent! I bought a heap (getting technical here aren't I?) of tobacco from them earlier in the week. I've been drooling over youtube videos of people taking pilgrimages to the Boswell store. Maybe I'll have to take a trip up there some time myself.

smokedragon

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2013
Ebay is such a pipe tease. I've been finding myself patrolling the estate pipe listings at night. Good thing my wife keeps me in line.

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
They sure go fast don't they? I've been waiting for the right Boswell to order. I never have any luck.
I want a Jumbo and a nose warmer. Maybe this summer, I'll ride my motorcycle down to their shop and pick out a couple.
Very nice pipe John.

Dec 24, 2012
Wow, we are in Poker heaven on the boards here lately. This one is really cool. I have a couple of boswells, but need to add one of their pokers to my collection.

smokedragon

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2013
So my wife has lovingly dubbed the poker "the sushi roll". Now I can't not see it. :rofl:

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
That dark chipped finish, sometimes complemented with those smooth areas, is a real signature look for a lot of their pipes. I have a couple of their pipes and it's hard to go wrong with them.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Very Beautiful. Have always loved the look & style but wondering how they smoke. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.