New Blends Coming From Standard Tobbaco Of Pennsylvania

(77 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by papipeguy
  • Latest reply from tbradsim1
  1. papipeguy

papipeguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Last night was our Lehigh Valley Pipe Club meeting. Dan and Russ brought the final versions of the new blends for us to smoke. I tried the War Horse and noted that the sweetness has been toned down a bit and the body of the smoke was fuller with a tad more oomph. John Cotton 1&2 is absolutely delightful. We had the Smyrna at our picnic a few weeks ago and it is wonderful, needing no further improvement in our group estimation.
    I'm smoking John Cotton Mild as I type this and it is also very good. Not quite as lat heavy as 1&2 and a nice smoke any time of day. We have a lot to look forward to from Standard Tobacco and I think you'll all be pleased with the offerings.
    Dan, Simon and Russ have worked their asses off to bring these blends to us and they have every reason to be proud of their efforts. And because of their efforts we will be rewarded with some very fine new/old blends. The phoenix rises.

Blowin' smoke since 1970.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  2. samcoffeeman

samcoffeeman

Login to Send PM

Woohoo! Bring it on boys, can't wait to try 'em! Wish I could have made it last night.

Posted 3 years ago #
  3. mranglophile

Mr. Anglophile

Login to Send PM

Can't wait...hopefully it will be available in WA.

Michael - Poulsb, WA

Pipes are not like cars. A Chevy cannot drive like a Mercedes, but the lowly Stanwell can smoke like the lofty Chonowitsch, even though the latter far exceeds the Stanwell in beauty, grain, and craftsmanship. It is the briar and not the brand. There is no place for elitism among pipe smokers. - Fred Hanna
    Posted 3 years ago #
  4. dulgunz

dulgunz

Login to Send PM

Does anyone know when these will become available?

Posted 3 years ago #
  5. jarit

jarit

Login to Send PM

Very interesting! Did they buy the trademarks, or have they expired ?

Posted 3 years ago #
  6. papipeguy

papipeguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Dan and Simon are better suited to answer your questions but the blends should be available sometime this Fall.
    jarit, the trademarks had expired so STP acquired them, found samples of the original blends and worked with Russ O. to get as close to those recipes as possible.

Posted 3 years ago #
  7. condorlover1

condorlover1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It never ceases to amaze me how interested people are as to how we got our paws on the trade marks!

Posted 3 years ago #
  8. jarit

jarit

Login to Send PM

@papipeguy

Thanks!

Posted 3 years ago #
  9. zitotczito

zitotczito

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Looking forward to these for sure.

Posted 3 years ago #
  10. woodsroad

woodsroad

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The real story here isn't how we acquired the trademarks, but the extraordinary job that Russ Ouellette did in recreating the blends. The names on the tins are worthless without exceptional blends inside. I was expecting good things from Russ, just because that is what he does, but I think that he may have outdone himself here. That will be for you to decide, though!

We expect product to begin shipping in the 4th quarter, hopefully early fall.

More will be revealed!

Posted 3 years ago #
  11. woodsroad

woodsroad

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

BTW, if you are so inclined, please visit our Facebook page

Posted 3 years ago #
  12. woodsroad

woodsroad

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

There's historical significance in the names, but for some folks, it just doesn't matter one iota. I've had to convince Simon that renaming these blends "Jihadi John Cotton's" would not be a good idea. He's much more topical than I am.

Posted 3 years ago #
  13. settersbrace

settersbrace

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It's great to be alive during this pipe tobacco resurgence! The hard work of just some regular, dedicated pipe and tobacco folks reviving these old blends and brands is exciting stuff! I've got to get me some Warhorse, what a name!

De gustibus et cloribus non disputandum.
    'There is no arguing about tastes and colours.'
    Posted 3 years ago #
  14. derfatdutchman

derfatdutchman

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'll be watching for them to arrive, it is a great time to be a pipe smoker.

"The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess, and there is no chance of getting more."
    Bismark
    Posted 3 years ago #
  15. dcrguns

dcrguns

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I look forward to these new blends also. Here is an idea for your logo!

Posted 3 years ago #
  16. condorlover1

condorlover1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Might pose just a little bit of a trade mark infringement! Dan also had to talk me out of a blend for the Japanese market called 'John Cotton's Banzai Mixture' along with the one aimed at the German Market under the 'Herr Doctor Cotton's V 2 Mixture' along with that old time favorite 'Himmler Slices' but then marketing was never my strong suit.

Posted 3 years ago #
  17. sallow

sallow

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I assume the war horse will be a plug. Is it a straight Virginia?

Posted 3 years ago #
  18. dcrguns

dcrguns

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

HA HA!! I like "Himmler Slices" the best.

Here is one that you don't have to worry about the trade mark infringement.

The new face of "War Horse Bar"!

Posted 3 years ago #
  19. condorlover1

condorlover1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nope. We are a sodding big black horse on a red background or so I am told anyway!

Posted 3 years ago #
  20. thefalcon

PipeDreamer

Login to Send PM

My salivary glands are in action awaiting this momentous occasion. Long live the Mighty War horse!

Cheers,--Eric

Posted 3 years ago #
  21. woodsroad

woodsroad

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Due to temporary production issues, War Horse will be released at first as a loose cut. A plug (bar) will follow just as soon as possible.

Posted 3 years ago #
  22. weezell

weezell

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The names on the tins are worthless without exceptional blends inside.
    And I am sure they will be just that..."EXCEPTIONAL"... Can not wait...

"the weez"...
    Posted 3 years ago #
  23. derfargin

derfargin

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Wooohooo!!! Looking forward to trying these. Hellz-to-the-yeah!

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  24. jkrug

jkrug

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've never had a chance to sample the old blends but I do greatly look forward to trying the new versions when they become available. The never ending list of tobaccos to try just keeps getting longer and longer!!

Posted 3 years ago #
  25. daveinlax

daveinlax

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It never ceases to amaze me how interested people are as to how we got our paws on the trade marks!

At least for me and the story behind the trademarks, especially Bengal Slices is far more interesting than another one of Russ'/P&C/STG match blends.

Posted 3 years ago #
  26. condorlover1

condorlover1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Daveinlax you have to ask yourself a question. Let me pose it to you as well. Which John Cotton was the 'original' blend? The one made in the 1990s? How about the one made by a different manufacturer in Scandinavia in the mid 1980s or the one knocked out in the 1970s by a UK manufacturer? So which one of these was the 'original' item? You then have to look at the tobacco itself since changes in strains, weather patterns and geographic sourcing makes each of the dates above fairly critical to what the stuff will taste like as a finished product. You can thank your lucky stars the 'Empire Tobacco' was not available otherwise we would have easily poisoned the whole forum in one sitting as I for one have smoked blends with that sh*t in it and it was ghastly! With the exception of WH most of the recipes for the blends can be sourced but that in itself doesn't get you very far, as it has been explained to me the various strains have changes as has the tobacco over the years. We were very lucky in that many people kindly donated sealed tins of the various blends at different time points when the stuff was available OTC in your local B&M. Russ then was able to figure out by a process of elimination exactly what the blend would have tasted like when it was put in a tin for sale and not after 30+ years in a tin so he has acted like a blender of fine scotch if you want an analogy. The real trick was to try the stuff out on a few 'test dummies' and the one that we did first was Bengal Slices since we discovered that Tim West was a regular consumer of that blend in the 1980s and he smoked two proto-type tins and came back with his comments which enabled Russ to make adjustments. We are currently having the blends sampled by a small select group of tasters to see what they think as these people remember buying the stuff OTC 20+ years ago. Sadly we have not found a living soul who was a regular War Horse smoker, probably because they are all dead, but if anyone knows of one we would really like to talk to him or her so please PM me. I hope that answers your question as fully as possible.

Posted 3 years ago #
  27. daveinlax

daveinlax

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yeah, I've got all that, we all know that even with a recipe old blends can't be recreated exactly so this is nothing new but like I said what interests me it's the how did these trademarks especially Bengal Slices end up with "Standard Tobacco of PA".

Posted 3 years ago #
  28. condorlover1

condorlover1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

A fascinating question Mr. Bond and one that will be on the lips of the world quite soon!

Posted 3 years ago #
  29. mranglophile

Mr. Anglophile

Login to Send PM

Will the plug be stamped " Warhorse" when in production? Will it be steam pressed?

Posted 3 years ago #
  30. johnnyreb

johnnyreb

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nope. We are a sodding big black horse on a red background or so I am told anyway!

Simon, just make sure you don't put that Big Black Horse Under a Cherry Tree

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PQmDUEv939A

Rebels been rebels since I don't know when
    Posted 3 years ago #
  31. condorlover1

condorlover1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

So you figured out how it is done. You put a big black horse in front of a cherry tree and let it eat the cherries. The result is War Horse pellets!

Posted 3 years ago #
  32. johnnyreb

johnnyreb

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

War Horse Bon Bons coming to a confectionary store near you!

Posted 3 years ago #
  33. samcoffeeman

samcoffeeman

Login to Send PM

Let's not forget John Cotton's Fuhrer's Mustache flake, each flake is cut in the shape of that memorable 'stache!

Posted 3 years ago #
  34. condorlover1

condorlover1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Also Hermann Goring Aero Flake as well Luftwaffe Ready Bombed and that old time favorite of the Fuhrer 'Sunday Stroll in Poland' back by popular demand for our customers living in South America!

Posted 3 years ago #
  35. 4nogginsmike

4nogginsmike

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If I remember correctly War Horse is a pick me up, John Cotton is venerated, but I don't know anything more, and I heard Bengal Slices reduced to a "mouthful of latakia," though I know it had a good following.

I'm sure I don't understand the pressures of business, but if a tobacco has a following, why would any of these blends have gone out of production? If there is money to be made, why didn't the manufacturers find a way, despite pressures and the inevitable changes in the business climate, find a way to go on making it?

Posted 3 years ago #
  36. settersbrace

settersbrace

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Am I understanding all this correctly? There's a reincarnation of Bengal Slices coming out of Standard Tobacco too?

Posted 3 years ago #
  37. 4nogginsmike

4nogginsmike

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Condorlover said:

The real trick was to try the stuff out on a few 'test dummies' and the one that we did first was Bengal Slices since we discovered that Tim West was a regular consumer of that blend in the 1980s and he smoked two proto-type tins and came back with his comments which enabled Russ to make adjustments.

I see our confusion as FB only talks about War Horse and John Cotton, but this comment was what I posted from. Maybe duplicating BS was a mid-stream task, on the way to duplicating the others? Maybe I too don't understand?

Posted 3 years ago #
  38. pruss

pruss

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I see our confusion as FB only talks about War Horse and John Cotton, but this comment was what I posted from. Maybe duplicating BS was a mid-stream task, on the way to duplicating the others? Maybe I too don't understand?

There was an initial announcement thread that was derailed in a shit-storm of inappropriate posts from a couple folks. Bengal Slices was announced as one of the initial blends being produced. The original announcement started as follows:

"We are pleased to announce that the Board of Directors of The Standard Tobacco Company of Pennsylvania, today at 9:30 am executed the instrument conveying to Meier & Dutch the right to manufacture and distribute, under Standard Tobacco's trademarks, War Horse, John Cotton's blends, and Bengal Slices. We are excited to be involved in the resurrection of these iconic pipe tobacco blends. Product development is already underway, with distribution set for Q4 2015. Pipes and Cigars will be the flagship retailer of this exciting new line of premium pipe tobacco blends."

I hope that this helps.

-- Pat

Posted 3 years ago #
  39. condorlover1

condorlover1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

You are indeed correct as we hold the trade mark for Bengal Slices and it is being released under the Standard Tobacco name. There are several other well known brands we have not announced yet in the pipe line but at the moment our energies are focused on getting the Cotton's, Bengal Slices and War Horse blends into commerce and distribution. This is the reason why we have been setting up tasting panels all over the country so that we get this spot on as opposed to just putting a 'match' in a tin. This whole process has been a year plus in the planning stage as you only get one shot with an iconic blend to get it right and squash all the detractors, armchair hobbyist and airplane sick bag collectors. It is a labor of love and if STC of Penn breaks even I for one will be pleasantly surprised but hopefully you lot will appreciate the strict controls we have exerted over this entire project and will enjoy the resulting tobacco without having to pay a fortune for a 30+ year old tin on Oi Vay!

Posted 3 years ago #
  40. pruss

pruss

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

@condorlover1

I am really excited to try these tobaccos, especially given the lengths to which you and the team have gone to research the original blends and work with available reference points to isolate ingredients and try to be true to the progenitor blends through the development process.

If for no other reason, I'll be picking up these blends just to have a chance to taste the results of all this good work.

-- Pat

Posted 3 years ago #
  41. woodsroad

woodsroad

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

"I'm sure I don't understand the pressures of business, but if a tobacco has a following, why would any of these blends have gone out of production? If there is money to be made, why didn't the manufacturers find a way, despite pressures and the inevitable changes in the business climate, find a way to go on making it? "

That is a question that befuddled me at first. In a perfect world, you form a company, produce a great product, people buy it, you make money. Then the reality sets in. Financing, labor, production, distribution, marketing...all places where things can go south on you. The original John Cotton's Co. encountered financial problems for reasons unknown to me. They sold out the Gallaher's, who's primary business became cigarettes. As pipe smoking declined, so did their interest in their pipe tobacco line. Eventually they trimmed product and sold the whole shebang to Japan Tobacco, who had an almost zero interest in pipe tobacco. JTI in turn sold off most of the pipe stuff to Orlik. Orlick was then bought out by STG. Along the way, product managers and bean counters made decisions that got us to where we are today: A tiny company in Pennsylvania licensing back to STG brands that they once controlled. It's a weird world, what can I say?

This time, there are no product managers. It is back to where things were 100 years ago: A small group of individuals, passionate about what they do, working to produce the best product possible, in the naive belief that sincerity and quality are the keys to success. And so it begins...again.

Posted 3 years ago #
  42. condorlover1

condorlover1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

This is an example of the audit committee!

https://youtu.be/mkAfl2RmAZc

Posted 3 years ago #
  43. 4nogginsmike

4nogginsmike

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yes, I knew that but my heart insists on the eternal availability of any tobacco that I love, as well those that I might could love; well, in fact all good tobacco:).

Posted 3 years ago #
  44. wyfbane

wyfbane

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Gentlemen, I applaud your efforts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6A6pMO_WKM

Posted 3 years ago #
  45. plugugly

plugugly

Login to Send PM

All I can say is HOORAY!!! These guys are real heroes to the hobby!

Plugugly

Lead,Follow-Or Get Out Of The Way!
    Posted 3 years ago #
  46. 4nogginsmike

4nogginsmike

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I wish Standard Tobacco all the growing pains of C&D that started in a two-car garage. Passion, vision and the willingness to sweat are a great start! Ever since I came across the extinct War Horse I've wanted a ride. I can't wait and the folks behind this venture have my full support. (Any turkeys gobbling up the area will be shot.)

Posted 3 years ago #
  47. wyfbane

wyfbane

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

You can say that again, Mike! If I see any disparaging remarks, I will take the day off, start drinking and engage.

This We'll Defend.

Posted 3 years ago #
  48. User has not uploaded an avatar

lestrout

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I recall the big class action lawsuit against tobacco brought by a gang of state attorney generals scared off a bunch of European manufacturers, back in the 70s or 80s.

hp
    les

Posted 3 years ago #
  49. danielplainview

dave g

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good luck guys. I wish you all the best.

Looking forward to trying out the vintage blends.

Make aromatics great again.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  50. andrew

Andy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Luftwaffen slices

Honestly though I think it's pretty amazing what you've done as hobbyists, it's beyond anything I've seen in a hobby before, and you'll probably have your own booth at the Chicaco pipe show next year.

Posted 3 years ago #
  51. lochinvar

lochinvar

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I missed this somehow, I am freaking ecstatic! Smyrna was a first love of mine, made the worse because the friend who split the tin with me (all those....too many years ago) told me it would probably be the last time I would ever get to smoke it. Huzzah, Huzzah and Huzzah!!!!

On a side note, I am prepping for bankruptcy due to upcoming TAD.

Posted 3 years ago #
  52. carytobacco

carytobacco

Banned

Login to Send PM

War Horse is amazing. I smoked 3 bowls back-to-back-to-back today. Can't wait to try the others.

PipeAndLeaf.com
    Posted 3 years ago #
  53. sablebrush52

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings

Login to Send PM

War Horse is amazing. I smoked 3 bowls back-to-back-to-back today. Can't wait to try the others.

Yep. Road the horse all day yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed each ride. You guys are in for a treat.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

It is pointless to argue with a fanatic since a dim bulb can't be converted into a searchlight. - Jesse Silver
    Posted 3 years ago #
  54. gloucesterman

gloucesterman

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I haven't had Bengal Slices in years, can't wait. It used to be one of my favorites. Looking forward to Q4 with great anticipation. Well done guys. Thanks for your effort. Wish you well.

Posted 3 years ago #
  55. jiminks

JimInks

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm in the process of writing my review of the blends. I hope to have them done in a couple of days.

Posted 3 years ago #
  56. condorlover1

condorlover1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thank you JimInks. As far as I know the new release samples have been very well received and no one has keeled over yet. Since Dan only sent the samples out to a pre-selected group of taste makers and reviewers most of whom I have never interacted with before however the feedback has been uniformly positive and so far quite consistent. I am surprised there hasn't been more posting activity about it here at PM but I put that down largely to the summer months. The next step as I understand it is to get product tinned and on the shelf for people to buy and smoke in the privacy of their own outhouse!

Posted 3 years ago #
  57. sablebrush52

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings

Login to Send PM

I'm looking forward to Jim's reviews.

I've started smoking the John Cotton recreations and can say this about the John Cotton's mild, which I smoked all day yesterday:

Having never smoked the original I can't attest to the accuracy of this recreation, but if the original John Cotton's mild didn't taste like this new one, it should have. This is a miracle of proportion and balance between the various components, a perfectly judged and harmonious quartet of flavors, brought into clear relief by a tiny sweet note. The interplay of Virginia, Burley(?), Turkish, and Latakia works so well that it feels inevitable, like the existence of some universal constant.

The blend packs, light, and smokes well right out of the sample pouch. This is a great blend for those who like a moderate, well balanced smoke. As for cellaring, it's so good right now that I really can't see how it could get better, only different, over time. How nice to have something so satisfying right out of the tin.

Posted 3 years ago #
  58. User has not uploaded an avatar

aldecaker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

What vendors are carrying these? I didn't see them at P&C.

A man who serves his country is a patriot. A man who serves his government is an employee. The two are not always the same thing.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  59. jiminks

JimInks

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

They aren't on sale yet. Several people, including myself, were sent sample packs to taste and review. I'm not sure a release date has been set yet.

Posted 3 years ago #
  60. dmcmtk

dmcmtk

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It all sounds good everyone!

Dave
    Duke Street Irregular
    Posted 3 years ago #
  61. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Lots of "we's", "us", and "them's" being thrown around. So, some of our Forum members started a company called Standard? I would hope that a company that Woods would be a part of would have had the good sense to be more creative with their name. The name Standard pretty much sucks. Might as well be called "Don't Pay Any Attention to Me" Tobacco Company.

So, forum members start a company, and Russ blends for them? I'm just trying to wrap my head around this.
    If this is the same stuff that I think it is, I think I have some samples coming. I have looked, and while there are listings on Tobaccoreviews.com, I cannot find any of these listed for sale on any of the pipe sites.

To be honest, I know nothing about any of these blends. I am curious to try them though. The name Warhorse scares me a tad. It sounds like it would be a Lakeland blend. Is it similar to Condor?

It is awesome that so many of our forum members are involved in the development and production of new/old blends. That's awesome!!!

Michael
    Posted 3 years ago #
  62. User has not uploaded an avatar

aldecaker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I must have missed that part, JimInks. When I saw reviews coming in, I just started licking my chops and looking where to order it! Thank you for the info. BTW, Warhorse isn't scented, is it?^^^

Posted 3 years ago #
  63. jiminks

JimInks

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Alde: it has a mild sweet topping, but it's not a "Lakeland" type of scent if that is what you mean.

Posted 3 years ago #
  64. woodsroad

woodsroad

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

We are hoping to have product on the shelves before Christmas. Sooner, I would hope, but I don't control production!

Posted 3 years ago #
  65. User has not uploaded an avatar

aldecaker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That was exactly what I meant. Lakelands are not something that intrigue me at all, and the Warhorse was actually the tobacco I was most interested in trying. So, good news for me. Again, thank you.

Posted 3 years ago #
  66. samcoffeeman

samcoffeeman

Login to Send PM

Interesting note Cosmic. While the name may be what it is, the gentlemen involved are doing something truly great as far as our community is concerned. I think they are setting a standard for how to bring back a long lost blend. They have gone to great lengths acquiring trademarks, finding old samples, talking to people who used to smoke said blends, having them sample the fruits of their labor to compare, even so far as to send the old dsamples off to a lab to have the components analyzed. I've only tried the Smyrna so far but if anything ever lived up to hype this may be it!

Posted 3 years ago #
  67. plugugly

plugugly

Login to Send PM

I like the "Standard Tobacco" name! Solid. Big. Stable. A name from a time when there weren't so many distractions and complications - just like the products they are resurrecting. Spot on for what they are doing, I say.

Plugugly

Posted 3 years ago #
  68. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

So, it is forum members that have started a company. Kick Ass!!! Congrats guys. That's awesome!!

Posted 3 years ago #
  69. maxx

maxx

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

What amazes me is how so many smokers have such a precise memory for flavor. I don't mean that sarcastically.

"Curiosity is one of the most permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect."
    ~ Samuel Johnson ~
    Posted 3 years ago #
  70. papipeguy

papipeguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Not to beat a dead War Horse to death, but knowing the individuals involved with this project I can tell you that this is no slap-dash effort. The time to get samples, have 2 laboratories run DNA analysis, blending trials, etc has been a Herculean effort that is worthy of the buzz generated among our community. I think that you will be pleased with the end products. All of this is the result of a dream of 2 hobbyists who teamed with the world's best blender to realize their goal to revive lost blends. I'm proud to call them friends and applaud their efforts. BTW, the stuff is damn good.

Posted 3 years ago #

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   ben88, loadclear, chasingembers, craig61a, loneredtree, alaskanpiper, jpmcwjr, josephcross, danimalia, thefishguy, ashdigger, lochinvar, donjgiles