Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
New! Cornell & Diehl: Bijou 2oz

Product Number: 003-016-0224
Choice 2003 vintage, Eastern North Carolina red Virginias crown this jewel.
Accented by sweet bright leaf and rounded by small-leafed Katerini, Bijou is married with a hint of honey before being pressed and sliced into delicate flakes.
This gem requires no adornment. Just time.
Estimated peak: 10-15 years

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
I don't think I care for a tobacco that won't be at its best for 10 years. But Jiminks seems to like it.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I got one, I love Katerini. I'll let age for a bit, pick another tin in a few weeks.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If I were C&D I'd play down the ten to fifteen year peak aging. I'd just say it ages well and leave it at that. This sounds good. I currently have about 30 blends available -- in open tins, jars, bags, a tub, etc. So I may let Bijou age with its blender for a time. Then there are my thirty some unopened tins. For Jiminks, my stash is about a month's worth, but for me it's several years. To be more positive, Bijou sounds distinctive, something a little different and desirable. My next TAD, I know what I'll do. Just bought a tin of Haddo's Delight from my B&M.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
We are basically talking about a one of a kind blend. How much 2003 Choice Red Virginia do you think there is?

Those who are cellaring typically cellar Va based blends which always seem to benefit with seasoning.

If it smokes great right out of the can, and is expected to improve? Yay! Much better than getting dry and tasteless.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
This is a standard offering from C&D, right? It's not a limited edition small batch, right?

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
I like this sound of this. Just to clarify this is NOT a limited edition, correct?

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Correct, this is not a limited addition but an addition to their cellar series and will be a regular production blend.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
Great, I'll certainly be picking this up. The addition of the Katerini is intriguing.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Might as well ask this. Could someone use phonetics as to how this brand is pronounced?
Im a HUGE fan of bee nectar!! Anything honey is all good!

I'm going to set this one out. The promise of a Virginia by these C&D guys that even they think would best be put off from smoking for ten to twenty years... bah ha ha, you suckers have at it. :puffy:

Choice, select, sun cured... eh... I don't even know why they keep trying. They do burley and latakia like bosses, but... anyway. You guys enjoy!

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
I bought a tin at the Chicago show and opened it up to smoke right away. I'm primarily a straight Virginia smoker with VaPers as a second choice. I loved the stuff right away. Definitely has a nice sweetness to it. I'm buying 10 tins for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.