PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

greatdane

Might Stick Around
Dec 26, 2018
The bill was introduced earlier this month by Rep. Rosa DeLauro, D-Conn.. DeLauro is the chair of the House Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Subcommittee, i.e. the House subcommittee that oversees the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) most directly. She is also a senior member of the Agriculture Appropriations subcommittee.
DeLauro introduced a similar bill in December as part of the 115th Congress. It attracted four co-sponsors: Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla.; Rep. Jaime Raskin, D-Md.; Rep Bobby Rush, D-Ill.; and Rep. Peter Visclosky, D-Ind.
Typical far left loons. No chance of passing the Senate though.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I'm glad I got to live through the wild west days of the internet. It will eventually pass into myth. Hopefully later rather than sooner.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
My tobacco cache is safe. It's right next to the weapons cache.... 8)
jay-roger.jpg

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
It's already banned here in Brazil yet the websites still sell it online despite the ban.
Psilocybe mushroom spores and Ayahuasca mixtures are legal and sold everywhere online.
The tobacco restriction is even greater than the restriction on drugs overall.
This is nonsense stuff that has spread worldwide.

raevans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2013
Connecticut makes over 400 million a year on tobacco taxes. This sounds like it has more to do with internet sales and lost revenue for the state and less about kids vaping. But either way, my cellar will be growing.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
This is about 80% of my cellar in the midst of being relocated to the closet under the stairwell at the "request" of my wife. I'd prefer to not see further legislation but am prepared if they do.
img_0576-600x450.jpg

Civil War

Lifer
Mar 6, 2018
Even if this bill doesn't pass, they will keep chipping away at it until some day it eventually does. We all know it's a matter of when, not if.

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
I do not see this getting through the Senate if it makes it through the House. It's just a matter of time before the Liberals will control both and then we can start to worry.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
You know this thread has limited life span. With Pro B&M balderdash, and other underhanded political remarks, America is getting what it deserves. B&M is a thing of the past, as far as tobacco is concerned. Support B&M and you destroy the very businesses that have a chance to fight for you, against this anti choice legislation. Advocating for such draconian measures (Prohibition) as this bill proposes is an erosion of choice in the market place. Yea the Blue tinkle will chip away and away and away and away and away until it’s A Blue Stain. Just remember that blue will turn Black and wear helmets and Jack boots and call itself AntiFa or some other throw back title.

Status
Not open for further replies.