New Balkan Sobranie in Stock at EA Carey Website...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

2 Fresh Former Pipes
36 Fresh Ropp Pipes
12 Fresh Moonshine Pipes
6 Fresh Castello Pipes
12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2016
...for $25 a tin. They've been sitting there for a while, because they are $25 a tin. Curious to see if posting here causes a mad rush, or causes people to simply get mad.

Jun 27, 2016
I didn't buy the Sobranie at $25 a tin, seems a little steep. Margate and Our Best Blend (cyprian) smoke fairly similarly to me. White Knight seems like a very different blend to me. I didn't like it because while it was great for the first half, it was very very piney during the second half. I found McClellands 5110 Dark English Full to be similar to WK and much less piney at the end, so more enjoyable to me, although a little tannic and dry for the first half where the WK was probably better.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
I'm just not that impressed with Balkan Sobranie. There are so many better varieties in that genre. WhiteKnight pops to mind immediately
Dido, White Knight is very similar within that in that genre

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
"WTF are you talking about?"
Seeing how you asked so politely, it's like a sacharine or other artificial sweetener sensation on the back of my tongue.

If someone is tasting chemicals, then they must be off their meds, ha ha!
Nope, been on six pills a day for anxiety and depression since finding my first wife's body after she committed suicide in January 1995. Thanks for reminding me.

Jun 27, 2016
Balkan Sasieni gives me a bad chemical after-taste which does not taste natural to me. Can't say I really noticed any of that in the three or four Russ blends that I have tried. White Knight, Black House, Larry's Blend, Ambsassador's Blend, I think that's it. Larry's blend and to a lesser degree Amb' Blend gives me what I call "smyrna face", where things start drying out and going numb, but I get some of this when I smoke McClellands #1 Smyrna, so pretty sure that is me doing battle with Smyrna oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.