PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2012
Yes, and that was a "no international sales" auction, it may have fetched even more if it was within grasp of wealthier wallets from the Far East...
...btw, is there a new policy regarding intl. sales as far as baccy on ebay goes?

I've noticed many sellers lately add that disclaimer...

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
I saw that when it was in the $200s and figured it would skyrocket. Love watching the market forces at work.

baccyfart

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2015
i'd smoke it. still cheaper than a box of premium cigars, and it would last just as long.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
It doesn't really surprise me that it went for that much. To many people 400 bucks is like 4 bucks to me and you and we wouldn't think twice about spending 4 bucks for something we liked.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Wow!
I bet if he had put in all caps "I SHIP TO CHINA" he could have got another $200 out of the deal.
Good for him tho. It's a rare tin, of a sought after blend.. great combination to make a great profit!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Ridiculous. It's good but not THAT good. Now,, to go find that unopened tin of Mixture 7o from 1959 in the basement. That should bring a cool $13.00.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
It's an old and rear example of well thought of blend, so the price doesn't surprise me. Not that I'd buy it but a collector may well believe it to be so rear it had to be part of the collection. I think Jesse pegged it, it will be in that can forever.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Ya know, I just realized I have an opened pouch of capt black from twenty five years ago laying around some where in the garage under my tools, near the air compressor...

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
That is a nice looking tin...in good shape and I love the basic artwork. I don't know guys, sometimes I don't even want to part with 4 dollars. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.