Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wellington

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 31, 2012
Well, I received three new 50g packages/tins of three tobaccos I have never tried. (smokingpipes, and didn't get hit with duties!). Some generic OTC pouches, Half and Half and Sir Walter regular and a tin of Erinmore. I'm excited to try all of these, I know some people look down on the cheap $3.00 (which would be $25 here in a store) pouches of OTC blends but I have never tried an cheap OTC tobacco before and I love the packaging and reviews of the half and half and SWR (smoking pipes didn't have Prince Albert, which is a little disappointing). Not that anyone cares, haha, I just thought I'd share that. Gonna be smoked in a Brigham 247, an old (but rarely used) Graco and a cob.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Heya Loseth. Glad your order made it through. I love getting some new stuff to try out even if I don't end up reordering some of it.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
I still smoke Carter Hall and Prince out on the lake...... Nothing wrong with the good old

tobac's. As much as I hate to admit... I still get some Half and Half... cheep and ready

john218

May 5, 2012
Connecticut
I smoked a good amount of Carter Hall and some Prince Albert in cobs while doing yard work last summer.

I liked the flavor enough to branch out to Wessex Aged Burley Slice and Solani Burley, which will be a permanent part of my cellar

Nothing wrong with the better drugstore blends. Half and Half and SWR really do go well with a corncob.
I started with drugstore blends when I first stated, before discovering the English blends. I think everyone should try some of the classic drugstore blends at least once, for the experience. I know that I will be revisiting some of the others in the future.
Let us know what you think of them.

Wellington

Dec 31, 2012
Awesome to get some feedback. To note, the Erinmore is the 50g loose stuff, not flake, though I just about ordered it in flake instead because I have never had a flake before. Next time maybe

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Smoke what you like, other opinions be damned.
iseewhatyoudidthere.png

Status
Not open for further replies.