PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
Here is my brand new Anthony Marchelli creation. This is my second pipe from him and let me say, I am excited. If it smokes as well as first one, it's gonna be awesome. Happy at what I see.

C15FE008-9E93-419C-994E-CA2CB88A422A.jpg

31F7DBDD-5D56-4264-A188-2A995A4471BD.jpg

AC197F20-7E04-46C5-B870-9009FB19E2E6.jpg

ABA3D39B-5BF9-45A5-B133-C6C46691AA5F.jpg

04F500ED-E630-4D06-920C-5D0E762CD04A.jpg

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
That pipe was on my watch list and if I remember correctly what it ended at, great score and a beautiful pipe indeed! He is definitely on my radar and makes some very good looking pokers and nosewarmers. Enjoy and happy puffing with many many good smokes, hotshot, congrats brother!

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
Layinpipe, its my second Marchelli and I couldn't be happier. I got two great buys off eBay on them. My recommendations is if you see one you like, jump on it. I am considering having him build one like I want. Maybe a Christmas present this year. I have some ideas on what I would do... We will see.
Peckin, it is Lucite. It's well done just like the pipe.
I just finished a 1/2 bowl of Mississippi River in it. Taking it easy for break in. It smoked great, even considering it was its virgin run.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
Tony's eBay user name is brax17. Look for him. Nothing listed right now but I'm sure he will have some new creation soon.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Hotshot, nice I'm glad it's smoking good for you for the maiden puffing. He was one of the pipe makers I listed on the good pipe maker for cheap thread. I have been following him and watching his listings on ebay and eventually I'll pull the trigger on one. I bid on and won a castello and another tinsky instead, lol. Spent way more than I wanted to, but still got a good deal on both. Probably would have been smarter, money wise at least, to go for that one! J/k congrats and let us know how she comes along.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
I have been wanting a Mark Tinsky pipe, but have read some mixed reviews? It sounds like you are a Tinsky believer, Layinpipe? They sure look great. Been eyeing one on his web site that's around $150. That would be more than I ever spent on a pipe in my life.... I sort of believe in the $100 limit. :)
At any rate, I highly recommend Tony Marchelli. He not only makes a great pipe but includes a little sampler of a tobacco blend that he mixes that is really good, plus a different pipe sock with each pipe, along with a nice hand written note, saying thanks and enjoy ! Nice touches.... but the most important thing is the pipes are GREAT smokers. So far I have a large variety of pipes, from Stanwells, Petersons to Grabows. The Tony Marchelli's are the best smokers.... well the first one is, I will hold total judgement on this one until it's broken in.... but with just the first 1/2 bowl through it, I think its gonna be a gem.
Ya'll have a blessed week. Puff away !!!

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
I'm not sure where you heard a mixed review from, but i have never heard or read one negative thing about Mark or his pipes. Not saying there hasn't been, just that all that i have read has been positive and in praise of both him and his pipes. I have 2 currently and the one on the way i scored over the weekend from ebay that should be here tomorrow. It is a Ukulele blast with a handmade yellow acrylic stem and looks amazing. And it is unsmoked, which makes it even better, especially for the price i paid. I'll make a thread with some pics once i get it.
In my opinion, you cannot go wrong with a Tinsky. I believe you will be getting your money's worth...every penny of it and more.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
I have read some posts on here that, maybe only on post, but someone hated the Tinsky pipe or how his order was handled or something.... anyway, I did a search on this site and it came up. I don't put stock in one or two opinions, but like to know before I drop $150+ on a pipe. Thanks for the positive feedback.
I am really liking the looks of this Tinsky pipe:

http://webshop.amsmoke.com/Pipes/Coral-Carves/Coral-615.html
At any rate, I've spent about all I need to for a long time. :) But who knows. :)

wopschall

Lurker
May 12, 2014
Putting in a good word for Mark Tinsky seems like a suitable reason for a first post here. I've never bought a pipe from him, although I've seen and greatly admire his work. I have bought a fair amount of briar from him. Mark Tinsky treats fellow pipemakers -- his competition -- with professionalism and what can only be described as kindness and open friendliness. If he treats his competitors so well, I find it difficult to believe he'd treat his pipe buyers any differently. I'd feel perfectly comfortable sending $1,000 cash to him through the mail, knowing I'd get exactly what I'd paid for, and very often, more. Tinsky ranks right up there with Steve Norse in the all-around-super-decent-guy and top-notch-customer-service categories.
By the way, hello. My name's Reuven. I've been reading here for a long while, and decided to join after getting to know layinpipe online. I've been smoking pipes since four or five years before I was bar mitvah'd, thanks to an indulgent, insistent great grandfather ("C'mon, boy, c'mon! How else you gonna learna be a mensch?"). His technique -- and the accompanying words -- for starting me with a pipe was about the same as when he taught me to swim by kicking me off an industrial pier at L.A. Harbor. To this day, every time I start something new, I hear his voice in my head, "C'mon, boy, c'mon! How else ..."

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
Ok, Mark Tinsky goes to top of my list for pipes to buy. I went back looking for the post I read and didn't find it. Prob just someone venting without cause. That seems to be a normal thing these days.

Glad to meet you Reuven ! Jump in any time ! I appreciate your input.

wopschall

Lurker
May 12, 2014
Thanks. I should clarify that these days I'd worry like the devil while that $1,000 cash was in the hands of the postal service, but that's another story.
Pretty nice fit on that Marchelli up yonder -- the stem looks like it grew in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.