PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
As some of you already know, last year I renovated my old run down enclosed back porch to a smoking room. Today I added two new busts. A 28" George Washington and a 26" Thomas Jefferson. In the pic from left to right you will find Ben Franklin (with hat), a smaller Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Abraham Lincoln.

20190726_164606-edited-600x415.jpg

It's not a huge space and I don't smoke out there often. Only on cool Spring and Autumn days with the windows open. Now I have to figure out how to display them all.
The best part is that they were all FREE...except the small Jefferson.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Very cool. I like the various artwork on the walls as well. I dream of having a smoking room one day. Right now I am either outside, or in a little guest cabin we have, which works fine, but I sure would like a Den of my own full of wood paneling and wingbacks.
Looks like your smoking porch is coming together!

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
I'd say you've got some good representation there. These are undoubtedly some of the most intriguing figures in American history. I wonder how Jefferson and Franklin would do in the political tumult of today. Strangely enough I think they would be considered far to the left by the standards of today.

If I could go back in time and speak with only one United States president it would be Lincoln without any doubt or second thought.

Anyhow, cool busts to sit and contemplate with.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Thanks everyone.
@Mike - no real history on the horn. I purchased it many years ago at a living history rendezvous. It was going to be part of a costume I was putting together.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Looks great!
I dream of having a smoking room one day. Right now I am either outside, or in a little guest cabin we have, which works fine, but I sure would like a Den of my own full of wood paneling and wingbacks.
Me too. We have a great B&M in my town (Mostly cigars), but they have a massive lounge with comfortable leather chairs, art and tobacciana on the walls, a big ass TV (and a couple smaller ones). It's pretty much heaven for kicking back with a smoke. I would love to have a similar set up at home. Where I live, it's basically impossible to spare a room for something like that. Much cheaper to just buy a membership and locker at the B&M.

pinchoftobacco

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2018
Very cool, I like. It is interesting to think how different our country could of been if our founding fathers were different people.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Looks like some corner in the Capitol. You'll never lack company when you smoke.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Love it, Scott, especially the Tyrolean on Ben! Definitely agree with Seldom -- Lincoln'd be one of two prezzes I'd love to speak with, Jefferson naturally being the other one. I've always chuckled at JFK's magnificent observation about him -- "the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone."
Nice "cave" you've got there!
Bill

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Thanks everyone. I'm on the lookout for a couple of pedestals (preferably used and cheap) to set them on. I normally sit on a pad on top of that wooden chest...no actual chair yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.