PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
I met up with pruss and his wife this morning for coffee at Detour Cafe in Dundas. Great coffee and great time shooting the breeze. I was only going to select two, maybe three, of the pipes in the collection to come home with me today but I ended up taking them all and couldn't be happier!!! :D Thanks again Pat for the AWESOME pipes and the great coffee!
trypis_133620_1-600x450.jpg

trypis_133120_1-600x450.jpg

trypis_133020_1-600x450.jpg

trypis_132520_1-600x450.jpg

trypis_131820_1-600x450.jpg

paintedklown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2013
Congrats on the new pipes. I especially like the look of the one on the top. VERY cool shape IMO.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Truly an enjoyable way to spend the morning Cav. We really enjoyed meeting you and catching up on life. I also think I got a pretty sweet deal, with the new addition to my collection. I've always coveted a Pete Tankard, and am thrilled with this one. Thanks for adding to my PAD as well! :D
I hope those new additions smoke as well for you as they have for others. Enjoy 'em my friend and we'll meet up for some fish murdering down the road for sure.

Cheers,
-- Pat

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
Thanks guys! I really like them and don't want to smoke them b/c they are all so unique and beautiful pieces of artwork (but they will be smoked don't ya'll worry ;) ). What caught my eye on these is the shapes, styles and the patterns of rustication. I know these pipes will bring me years of smoking enjoyment and relaxation. I like the fact the draught holes are already at 5/32" and I didn't have to alter them in anyway from original. I did clean the clay dust from the bowls as best I could and coated them with a very thin layer of honey to eliminate the foul taste and bad dry mouth I get if the pre carb isn't covered or reamed out completley.
I have only smoked the one pictured last from the set today since I can't figure out which pipes to 'dedicate' to certain blends.

I have smoked 3 bowls (well halfies to help break it in properly).
Pat, I'm more than pleased you are happy with the Tankard. I hope it brings you more joy of smoking than it did for me. This morning was a great way to start off a saturday and the caffine buzz I had lasted me until about supper time :P lmao! That coffee was SO good! I might head up there to buy a bag of beans for myself at home.
I can't wait to see how well the others smoke. I'm experiencing what I think everyone of us has gone throuh. What pipe to smoke and what to smoke in it. Dammnit it's a tough decision LOL!

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Those pipes are a beauty cavendish, they remind me of a few pipes I have ;)
Pat, I want a tank so bad just haven't seen one that said buy me. If I saw that one, I would have nabbed it.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Thanks for sharing how you prep your bowls for smoking Cav.
I've often wondered about the honey process, and have read mixed reviews on how folks feel about it and its results. So please do share as you work those bowls in.
I'll tell you that the two I'm working in impart a wonderful fresh briar/sandalwood type aroma to the smoke and I've been able to smoke every bowl down to a fine white ash. I am really enjoying the taste of the naked bowl.
Hope the rest of the weekend has been good to you bro. (did you get any steelies in the creel?)
@ Yaz... brother, the tank is SO light and the bowl is goodly sized. It's going to be fun to see how she smokes. I'll post a short review with pics once I get her burning at the May club night.
-- Pat

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Nice pipes, I got a stunning poker from pruss from that collection but it will be next week before I tackle it.

My first ever Peterson was that same tankard and still have it, the tankard is a lovely thing of beauty no matter who the maker, enjoy.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
@Banjo I can't wait for your report on how that poker smokes. I was amazed at how big that bowl is, and how thick the walls are. Think you could smoke magma in that thing w/o burning your hands. Hope your Morta Cinco de Mayo is a raging success.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
@ Pat, that tankard smoked nice. Lots of airflow, I just don't like the p-lip, like I had mentioned.
After coating the bowls with a thin layer of honey I find it had soaked into the thin clay lining like it has on a couple of my Brighams. I just recoated them and let them sit until its dry to the touch them pack up a bowl. I smoked the 'horn' looking one this morning while having my coffee down by the river this morning. It smokes nice and I love large mouthpiece on it.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Alright boys, if there's any fish murdering going on, I want in. I'm trying to get back into it and need lots of tips and pointers, so as long as you dont mind a total noob I'd love to join you one of these days

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Alright boys, if there's any fish murdering going on, I want in.
Nice. It sounds like the exclamation of an idea of a beginning of a plan... and a darn good excuse for a Southern Ontario Pipes Magazines Forum meet-up and smoking session.
-- Pat

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
Nice. It sounds like the exclamation of an idea of a beginning of a plan... and a darn good excuse for a Southern Ontario Pipes Magazines Forum meet-up and smoking session.
X1! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.