PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
With a case of cabin fever today the wife and I headed to Scottsboro Al just to ride. While walking through a few shops found one with pipes. When I say pipes I mean about 100ish estate pipes for sale. $10.00 each or 6 for $50.00 . The store only took cash so I couldnt get ALL 100, wife might have stopped me as well. I asked the owner where the got them all. He said he had a friend that collects pipes and buys them by the hundreds in bulk and picks out what he wants and gives him the rest to sell. Said about once every 2 months or so gets the case refilled by same friend. I cant remember the name of the store but its on the square in Scottsboro AL (not sure if anyone lives close). I got 3 today with many more to come in the future.

cebe9bf6.jpg

In order as pictured

1st reads just MALAGA on the side
2nd has Medico Gold Crest on the side, 82 on the other side and Medico 1/30 14k gold on the band.
3rd on the bottom reads King Clay Delux Made in Denmark S92
Dont know what any of it means, but $10.00 a pipe I can do all day long.

monstermash51

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 13, 2012
Good pick. I wish I lived in a town that has antique shops and stuff. The only things my place has are used car lots, tattoo shops, and strip clubs.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Had them soaking a few hours now for clean up. Not sure which one but it's filling the room with a very sweet smell. Haven't had this happen before.

group4

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 16, 2011
The Malaga is a nice find, good reputation amongst some older more knowlegeable smokers I know.

Here's a link about the shop http://pipedia.org/index.php?title=Malaga_Pipe_Company

shawn

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
It's like Christmas. Super cooool for you! Looks like every few months you are taking a ride.

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
All 3 of them are pretty kickass. The Malaga is probably Algerian. Nice find
Are you near The Briary in Alabama? I have always wanted to go check that place out.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Excellent pipes you have there. I haven't had as much luck trolling the antique shops, but there are some real treasures out there. Great finds!

Status
Not open for further replies.