PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Soooo .... I managed to talk Momma into letting me buy myself a birthday pipe ahead of time ( it's on 11 June ) so I did some scouting last weekend and managed to snatch this from SmokingPipes.com
2012-05-31_19-09-03_287.jpg

Pete Aran 05, came with sleeve and SmokingPipes box ( this was an estate )
I also got this cool butane pipe lighter since the torch requires a lot of care to light properly and it's a bit windy for matches now
2012-05-31_19-09-38_37.jpg

Also a half pound of Stokkebye LNF and a quarter pound of Stokkebye B&B
All this was $97 and change including USPS ( most places don't do the "free ship" if you order over x amount to Alaska except for 4noggins but Richard didn't have the pipe I wanted ). Ordered late Friday 25 May, shipped 26 May, arrived in Anchorage 29 May and I picked it up yesterday 30 May ( our apartment complex has tiny mailboxes, if it's bigger than a magazine you get the pink slip ).
The four happy Petersons awaiting the return of their System 317 little brother who took a trip to Arizona to get a new stem. Andy is guarding them.
2012-05-31_22-02-42_651.jpg

Aran 999, Aran 03, Donegal Rocky 150 w/sterling band, Aran 05. All P-Lips :puffy:

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Thank you :worship:
I will try to not smoke the new one until then ( a week from this coming Monday ). Also planning to open up something I haven't yet tried and it's been sitting in the cellar for a while ( about 4 different things actually )

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Nice looking pipes!

Like that your cat is your guard :) at my house they are the opposite!

Happy early birthday and happy puffing!

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
Happy birthday! Very nice pipe collection. I too am a Peterson fan. They smoke great and most are very reasonably priced.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Happy Birthday good sir. That's a great collection of Petes. I have an Aran 05 and I love that pipe. Smokes very cool. Love Peterson pipes, especially with the P-Lip. Plan on the next PAD to only have Peterson's in it. BTW I saw Cup O Joe's is doing a special until the end of June of giving away a two pipe case with a purchase of two or more Peterson pipes.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Thanks guys!
@grafikchaos I prefer the P-lip over the fishtail. It channels the smoke differently IF the pipe is bent. I find my Arans, which are all bent to some extent, do that better than my Donegal, which is a straight Bulldog and doesn't smoke much more different than lets say my Royal Lane Dublin ( which has a fish tail stem ).
@lordofthepiperings If I had the funds to set back 150 or so on pipes at once, that is actually a sweet deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.