PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeval

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
A few of you may remember this post: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/the-prospect-of-parenthood
Well, I am very happy to say, everything worked out brilliantly. Since I made that post, my girlfriend and I have moved in together, various parents and relatives have calmed down, and life has been pretty good. Even if I don't get to smoke as much as I'd like!
The help this forum gave in that post probably played a large part in making sure everything went ok in the end. I can't thank any of you enough.
So, without further ado - let me introduce my son, Benjamin Charlie Alan Valentine.

He was born at 00.37, Sunday 29th June, by an emergency C Section, weighing 6lbs 9.5. Labour was going badly for my OH, he was back to back so the epidurals didn't relieve any pain. The drugs used to induce delivery didn't work terribly well, so she wasn't very dilated. Ended up in absolute agony - I have never seen someone in that much pain, and I never want to again. Nothing worse than seeing someone you love in pain, and not being able to do anything about it.

After a few hours, every time she had a contraction, the baby's heartbeat fell to alarmingly low levels, so they decided to C section. Twenty minutes later, I was holding my son while they stitched up my OH!
Again, thank you to everyone who posted - especially you guys who shared photos of your families - I cannot describe how much help you were.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Congratulations! A beautiful baby and a proud Daddy! May he grow strong, smart and healthy, and give your lives much stability and purpose, and hope.

joeval

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
Thanks guys.

A very proud daddy here, just waiting for him and mum to be let out of hospital.
The little guy is about ten hours old in those photos.

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
Now that everyone is fine and there's nothing to worry about, it's important to remember that you've still got a couple of days of freedom. Don't waste it. I recommend you head out and see a show, get a beer with some friends or find some good music that's playing and relax. You're done for!

Oh, and congratulations. But seriously...

Status
Not open for further replies.