Status
Not open for further replies.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Last Tuesday I ordered a new Boswell pipe http://boswellpipes.com/bentclassic420.html and I got it on Thursday, very fast service and the pipe looks great!

Today I placed an order for some new tobacco blends to try and tomorrow I will be placing another order for tobacco.

jaxz

Lurker
Apr 23, 2009
That is an awesome lookin' pipe!!
I'm also lookin' for a new pipes (for my VA's)...may need to fish around boswell.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Ok, this is what tobaccos I ordered.
CAO/DAN Black Velvet - 1lb

Samuel Gawith Golden Glow - 50gr

Samuel Gawith St. James Flake - 50gr
Hearth and Home Blends(pipesandcigars.com)

LJ Heart Virginia - 2oz

Louisiana Red - 2oz

Virginia Spice - 2oz

Ten to Midnight - 2oz

Rolando's Own - 2oz

Own Sunjammer - 2oz
Scotty's Blends(pipesandcigars.com)

Old Red - 2oz

Milk and Honey - 2oz

English Stout - 2oz

Butternut Burley - 2oz
Cornell & Diehl

Bayou Morning - 2oz

Bayou Night - 2oz

Star of the East - 2oz

Billy Budd - 2oz

Plantation Evening - 2oz

Night Train - 2oz

Haunted Bookshop - 2oz

Three Friars - 2oz

Pirate Kake - 1oz

After Hours - 1oz

Sunday Picnic - 1oz

Pennington Gap - 1oz

Opening Night - 1oz

Mississippi Mud - 1oz

Manhattan Afternoon - 1oz

Exhausted Rooster - 1oz

eddiegrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2009
python, I've read that Night Train is a trainload of nicotine, as per the initials: NT. Supposedly, it really packs a jolt. The only one in your list that I've tried is Butternut Burley, so I'll be really interested in your opinion on the other blends. Of course, we'll wait until next week, when you've had a chance to smoke them all. :)

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I was at the grocery store today and I saw that they had some Prince Albert and Carter Hall. I picked up a pouch of Carter Hall and a tub of Prince Albert. I have never tried either of these blends so I figured I would go ahead and pick them up so I can try them in the coming weeks.

analogmoz

Lurker
Apr 29, 2009
Python,
For the sake of conciseness, next time list what tobaccos you didn't purchase! I've had most of the C&D blends up there, you're in for a treat with Night Train, by the way. Don't be scared. It's very, very good for you.

The Bayou blends are both excellent, C&D might be my favorite manufacturers of VA/Per blends.

As for the Sunjammer, you're likely to like it. It's famous for a reason.
It's going to take a while to understand all these new tobaccos, but good luck! You've got some homework to do...

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Prince Albert is very mild and you can smoke it like a steam engine without getting tongue bite. It's a good tobacco to smoke when you are working or doing something else besides just relaxing with your pipe. There's no flavor nuances to miss and if you're not concentrating on smoking slow, your tongue won't need a Band-Aid. LOL.
Here's a review I did of it.

http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-tobacco-reviews/prince-albert-pipe-tobacco-review
analogmoz: C&D might be my favorite manufacturers of VA/Per blends.
I've just started smoking some C&D blends picked up at the show, and damn every one of them is super good.

eddiegrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2009
Nice mixture of what to my aged eyes appears to be birdeye and coarse grain for such a reasonably priced pipe! Seems to be a good buy. I read that they throw in an oz. of your choice of Boswell tobacco blends. Which one did you choose for that pipe?

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Eddiegrob: I read that they throw in an oz. of your choice of Boswell tobacco blends. Which one did you choose for that pipe?
I chose their Boswell's Best blend. I have not tried it yet, but I will soon.

The grain is very nice on the pipe. You are correct, birdseye on one side and straight grain on the other.
I smoked it for the first time last night and it smoked great. A great pipe for a great price. Boswell pipes are a great value. I will be getting more of their pipes soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.