PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Last Tuesday night the monthly meeting of the NYC Pipe Club was held and I was firmly in the camp of "no pipes tonight".
However, this pipe just called to me...It was bent, very very light, about 5 1/2 inches long and made by a relatively unknown carver from Dresden, Germany, who I and my friend met at last years' Chicago Pipe show. My friend raves about the pipes he has received from him and so I just had to have it.
EWE%20JOBB_zpskdubmoym.jpg

EWE%20JOBB%203_zpsdxg6shug.jpg
EWE%20JOBB%205_zpsaosaiiyf.jpg

EWE%20JOBB%202_zpsn6ebm4uu.jpg

Sorry about the poor images taken with my iphone. The pipe has a red toned stain (not my favorite color) and came with a carbon lining. I have been rethinking the carbon liner debate and I know believe that it is a good thing after listening to the pipe videos on you tube provided by JnJ pipes.
This pipe smokes like a dream, right out of the box, so to speak. Great value, pipe cleaner goes straight through. The button is perfect for me, and the weight! I don't have a scale at home, but I'm guessing between 35-40 grams. Really!

skaukatt

Can't Leave
Allan, I was glad you picked that pipe up and knew that you would not be disappointed as Uwe's pipes have to be the most underrated in the hobby. My Uwe's smoke superbly and are easily some of my best smokers. His engineering is impeccable and his shapes are truly unique to him. The only thing is that most people on this side of the Atlantic are simply not familiar with his work. When they do, however, Uwe's popularity as a sought after pipe maker will explode.
Enjoy it and I know it won't be your last Uwe!
Lou

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
I can't remember any posts about Jopp on the forum. Maybe I missed them
Lou: sometimes you get lucky and find a newer lesser known pipe carver before the word is out. I'm very impressed at his detail and quality of workmanship at such a reasonable price

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Uwe has some very nice pipes and i have been a looker since discovering them on Maxim's pipes2smoke site, which i constantly check for updates. I have been tempted on more than one occasion to pull the trigger on one of his burners, especially after they were recently put on sale by said online vendor. Wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger in the future either. Good score and beautiful pipe.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Had a few Uwe Jopp pipes on the bench, very well made, with typical German engineering and attention to detail.
Speaking of, what's with the fang marks by the button in the last picture? Or is that the lighting?

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Former pal of mine picked up one of his at the Chicago show two years ago. Engineering was spot on. Enjoy it!

Status
Not open for further replies.