PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
I'm not looking to purchase it, so if anyone's interested, by all means... Still, I think it's pretty neat. And if I wasn't holding onto my money for something else, I very well may have purchased it for its uniqueness. http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-BIANCHONO-PIPE-THE-AMERICAN-UPSIDE-DOWN-WEATHERPROOF-PIPE-Clean-/371918608087?hash=item56981396d7:g:RvwAAOSww3tY7pFC

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Used to own one, it was OK, but ash would find its way through the screen when you'd go to tamp it, finally tossed it.

banjo

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It strikes me as similar to the recumbent bicycle. It has its uses, and for some it is an ongoing delight, but it is hard to lose the feeling that the person concerned desperately wants people to look at him, but not they way they will.

Jan 8, 2013
, but it is hard to lose the feeling that the person concerned desperately wants people to look at him, but not they way they will.
Not sure I follow what you're saying. I just think it's an interesting pipe and thought others would as well.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
John, but, but, my white spot won't be seen, well unless you smoke with short people. :nana:
That style pipe was popular during WWI and was called and marketed as a Trench Pipe.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
I had an uncle who spent many years as sheepherder. He almost always smoked a regular pipe upside down having learned to do this while smoking in thunderstorms while out on the range with the sheep. It was strange to see him smoke right side up.

Jan 8, 2013
I understand that most people would simply turn their pipes upside down in the rain. But I can see how this pipe might have appealed to someone. I suppose however, since most people probably did simply turn their pipes upside down, that's why this pipe never took off the way it was hoped for by the maker. For a collector, I think it would be a nice addition. Especially if one was into collecting oddball pipes, like the desk pipe for instance.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
An interesting innovation. I like how many hours have gone into trying to perfect the craft of smoking. It just shows how important it has been and continues to be to many of us. Thanks for posting this fascinating, bizarre, challenging pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.