PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
Some people have forgotten how to live life. They’ve forgotten what its like to be a child…and to see life through a child’s eye. And while forgetting how to cherish life and to laugh more, they also mock and throw sarcasm at those who laugh at life, and at themselves.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think to some degree people trade away the vitality in childhood to gain other qualities of discipline and knowhow, but that doesn't mean you can't keep some of the best traits of each phase of life as you go along, or at least an appreciation of those.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Well said Frank.
My two cents: I don't think it's an issue of people taking "life" too seriously...I think it's when people take the stuff that doesn't really matter too seriously.
Supposedly Einstein used to read an Emily Post book on etiquette for laughs...he found it hilarious that anyone took such things so seriously.

Jan 8, 2013
Good advice for those who had a great, carefree childhood. But, give a thought to those who experienced no real childhood and therefore have no memories of the young, carefree life.
I agree with both the original post, and this post as well.
There are those who for one reason or another didn't have much of a childhood. I would say, if you able to let out your inner child, then please do so as it might help those who lost their inner child find it.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Wife routinely jokes about how she has three children, and many times there is a lot of truth to that. Though we only have two kids I can't help but act like a big kid sometimes. I see commercials on TV for toys and think; where was that toy when I was a kid. LOL Heck, I still enjoy spending time at the video arcade even if my kids aren't there. Nothing wrong with being a kid at heart sometimes. :mrgreen:

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I do a pretty good job of embracing my inner child. Until I am driving. People drive like such asshats these days. I am often vexed while driving.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Warren said:

Good advice for those who had a great, carefree childhood. But, give a thought to those who experienced no real childhood and therefore have no memories of the young, carefree life.
Anthony said:

I agree with both the original post, and this post as well.

There are those who for one reason or another didn't have much of a childhood. I would say, if you able to let out your inner child, then please do so as it might help those who lost their inner child find it.
I agree Anthony.
I would also add though, the one thing doesn't necessarily follow the other. Sometimes those who had bad childhoods are the most easy going, and those who had good childhoods are sometimes the most in need of an enema.
And speaking of enemas, as I recall Frank endured a lifetime of them as a child, so I doubt he's in need of any more. :rofl:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
And speaking of enemas, as I recall Frank endured a lifetime of them as a child, so I doubt he's in need of any more. :rofl:
I remember that story about "Big Red"! :rofl:

little-enema-card-25.jpg

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
My wife hates the fact that I don't ever get upset about things. She tells me that "I don't care". Sometimes yes, I truly don't care, and other times, it's just not worth the stress.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's true, not all childhoods are hunky-dory, and nearly all have some nasty rough spots. It's a t-shirt or bumper sticker, but a good one: "It's Never Too Late For A Happy Childhood." Not exactly true, but a good defiant attitude.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
If you are going to act childlike... mind your filters. I try not to loose my control, I keep it on a short leash. Not being in control? I've too much to do and learn, and too little time is remaining. I'll not fritter it away. This does not mean I can't enjoy myself under the right conditions and at the right time.

Status
Not open for further replies.