PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I need to open up the airway at the button on several stems. Can anyone recommend a good needle file or file set for the task? I prefer American or German made files for the quality and reliable hardness, but since the files I buy for stem work will only be removing rubber/nylon/acrylic materials I can probably get away with a less expensive file.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
I bought some cheap $10 diamond dust needle files at the local hardware store, and after 20+ resto's, they're holding up just fine.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
these work fine
31RK1ANVE0L._SY450_.jpg

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
I use the Kemper, but it's really rough and doesn't give you much fine control over what you're cutting...
On needle files, you might check out files over at Otto Frei- I use several different models of a crochet file pattern...and after using the smoothest cut, you can go directly to 400 grit sandpaper. They ain't cheap...but they're good...

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
Slav Jelesijevich in Chicago has some great NOS American and Swiss files at reasonable prices. Tell him Eric from Oberlin sent you.
Slavsshop@aol.com
If you don't go NOS then Grobet is the best current production.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Eric, Thank you for that tip. I usually do buy NOS files, mostly American. I am glad to have a lead on another source.

Status
Not open for further replies.