PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordmegatron

Lurker
Sep 12, 2013
i am a brand new pipe smoker and am thinking of ordering some baccy when i get paid next. so my question is what should i get? i really dont know what i like but am thinking i want something fairly sweet but other than that have no clue lol any help at all would be great.

frankth

Lurker
Sep 11, 2013
I'll have to say Frog Morton for a nice entry to english blend and orlik Golden slice for a nice virginia. Also lane 1Q for an always good tobacco in any situation.

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
Well first off welcome to the forum. Now for your tobacco if your new you can't go wrong with Lane's 1Q, or McCelland's Holiday Spirit both are sweet in nature and are really good, but there are hundreds if not thousands of aromatic sweet tobaccos you can check out sites like Pipesandcigars.com or smokingpipes.com for many more choices.

~Ron

lordmegatron

Lurker
Sep 12, 2013
well since two of you mentioned 1Q i think i may just give that a shot, regardless i will without a doubt add all of these mentioned to my "want" list thank you for the swift response. and i will give mentioned websites a look while i wait for my check on the first :) thank you for the tips

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
+1 on the suggestion for Frog Morton to try an English and Orlik Golden Sliced for branching out. 1Q is a good aromatic to try, very popular.

lostandfound

Sep 30, 2011
Oh! I would also like to add, that if you want to try a high quality Burley flake, give their Aged Burley Flake a shot. Plus, I'm pretty sure this is pure Burley leaf, and it'll be worthwhile to know what she's like up when she's up close and personal.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
+1 for 1Q.
I smoked up my bag of it and will be happy to revisit it again someday. I have found that finding blends that are truly unique is the hardest part. I've smoked plenty of good aros and am just exploring the English blends, but my finding so far is that most aros aren't ... so different. I'll keep smoking my way to finding the ones that are though.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
If you're fairly new
+1 on the 1-Q
I would to to one of the main site sponsors and get a value pack of different blends. Most of them offer a pack like that. Without any preference here is a link to one. You can do some research on the different blends offered as part of the deal.
Perhaps a mix of AJ's VAPER, Louisiana Red, Ten to Midnight, Grandma's Kitchen and classic Burley kake would be a nice mix of stuff. Then add some others based on preference.
Good luck and welcome to the amazing wold of pipe smoking.

lordmegatron

Lurker
Sep 12, 2013
thank you all so much for the great suggestions thus far and most of all for being so darn friendly. i now have quite the list of stuff to try and also cannot wait until payday to try a few of these blends. i think there will be no more captain black for me after the first of next month lol

boudreaux

Apr 7, 2013
I'd give Carole Burns at Pipeworks & Wilke a call. She's an expert master blender and makes all kinds of blends. One of her sampler packs of 4 tobaccos, 2 oz. each, is $40 shipped.
As always, my suggestions would start with her Rumcake, but she has plenty of English blends as well. (I just prefer good quality aromatics after lots of sampling of both kinds, but, in short, your own palate will be the deciding factor as to what you ultimately like best.)
Enjoy your visits here. Many fine people here with extensive knowledge of all things pipe smoking related.

pchitti

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
Highly suggest pipes&cigars.com! I recently started smoking pipes my self and the variety of blends is amazing.
P&C has there great H&H blends available in single oz so I dont see any reason to buy a sampler. Pick 3-4 blends and you can keep shipping under $4. After 4oz the shipping jumps to $6 so either go big or stay under 4oz.

Status
Not open for further replies.