I love vanillas mochas and especially chocolates
    Mcclelland chocolate cream you will be missed

Keep calm...smoke a pipe.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. seacaptain

seacaptain

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

SP still has McClelland Black Vanilla bulk in stock.

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. aro222

aro222

Login to Send PM

Already bought a bunch from smoking pipes
    It’s the chocolate cream I can’t find

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. snowhill

snowhill

Login to Send PM

The Nording aromatics (blended by McClelland) are still available. Also, you might want to check out the Mike & Russ Mind Meld aromatics.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

phreon

Login to Send PM

I was a big fan of the McClelland Chocolate Cream - so much so, I bought out the last I could find and have squirreled it away in the basement. I gave Boswell's Chocolate Cream a try. It's very different, but enjoyable. Where McClelland was like dark chocolate, the Boswell is like a rich Dutch or Baker's chocolate. I'd say it's definitely worth a try. If nothing else, when you open the bag and take a whiff, it'll knock your socks off (in a good way).

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. 5star

5star

Login to Send PM

Check out Boswell. They have numerous well regarded aros. You can buy direct from them.

"You are remembered for the rules you break." - General Douglas MacArthur
    Posted 1 year ago #
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

panamacharlie

Login to Send PM

I have smoked many aros, but since I tried Lane Dark Red, I don't want to smoke anything else.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. kola

kola

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Back in my aromatic loving days these two were my favorites (on rare occasions I'll still have a bowl or two).

If you're feeling adventurous, you may explore these two:

Samuel Gawith Chocolate Flake: Samuel Gawith Chocolate Flake is not exactly what it would appear. Fine Virginias and Burleys are pressed with a hint of Latakia and pressed with a subtle chocolate note, designed to enhance the flavor and to add a subdued note to the aroma. It's a smooth, creamy, soft flake that will appeal to a wide range of enthusiasts.

Samuel Gawith Fire Dance Flake: made by beginning with Samuel Gawith's classic Best Brown Flake which is enhanced with a singular combination of blackberry, brandy and vanilla essences. The flavor is mellow and slightly sweet, while the room note is very enjoyable.

I treat people the way they treat me. It's that simple.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  9. lazar

lazar

Login to Send PM

+1 on Boswell's (and on correct use of punctuation in thread titles :wink:).

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The food flavored aros haven't caught on with me, and I've even strayed from vanilla blends. Right now I'm liking SWR Aromatic (three liqueurs) and Peretti's Thanksgiving Day (citrus, which is somewhat food related). Also Iwan Ries Three Star Blue, though I haven't cracked the current tin yet. I do like Royal Yacht with plum, or whatever it is. Most of my rotation is non-aromatic.

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. aro222

aro222

Login to Send PM

I’ve heard that the sg chocolate flake is good as well I have never explored that one because I don’t have much experience with flakes
    Do I cut that stuff up or rip it apart ??
    Maybe I’ll try it
    Any advice guys ?

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. User has not uploaded an avatar

briarbuda48

Login to Send PM

Boswell’s Pipers Pleasure is the way to go here, wonderful chocolate flavor.

Posted 1 year ago #
  13. pipesticks

pipesticks

Login to Send PM

Want to try a bizarre aro? Try sutliff's Match VIP This isn't a sticky sweet goopy aro....this is an old codger burley aro that has a birch bark candy flavoring. And like I said, nothing about this resembles sweet as candy. I think it's one of those blends you're either gonna love it or hate it. I love it.

Posted 1 year ago #
  14. midwestpipesmoker70

midwestpipesmoker70

Login to Send PM

I am not much of an aromatic smoker but I have found a few that I like and will throw in the rotation when in the mood. One of my favorites is Hiland's Cigars Black Gold which tastes like dark chocolate brownies. A few more that I keep on hand are Strauss's Sleepy Hollow, Corn Cob Pipe & a Button Nose and Samuel Gawith Celtic Talisman. Celtic Talisman is really growing on me. It has a subtle casing and is pretty dry for an aromatic. My two cents anyway.

Nate
    Posted 1 year ago #
  15. dottiewarden

dottiewarden

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hey you guys are growing my TAD list. Although I already enjoy many vanilla blends, I had never considered a chocolate blend. Now I have to try at least 2 new-to-me Samuel Gawith products: Chocolate Flake and Fire Dance Flake.

Dot
    Posted 1 year ago #
  16. aro222

aro222

Login to Send PM

Ya i think I’m going to try some of that chocolate flake as well
    Has anyone tried that Boswell pipers pleasure
    I’ve read good things

Posted 1 year ago #
  17. pipesticks

pipesticks

Login to Send PM

Though not chocolate, I keep Lane RLP-6 and HGL (which is RLP-6 and a small dash of latakia for body) and Dark Red in stock. Another light aromatic I enjoy is Hearth & Home Summer Harvest ( vanilla, honey and dark fruits) I received as a sample and now keep around. My Christmassy aro smoke is still Corn Cob Pipe and Button Nose for that hit of hot cocoa. You can still find it but it's becoming harder.

Posted 1 year ago #
  18. pipesticks

pipesticks

Login to Send PM

Sutliff Honey is pretty good to occasionally sweeten up a blend when in the mood. It's good on its own, but nic hit is nonexeistent and I use it more as a blending sweetener.

Posted 1 year ago #
  19. joeman

joeman

Login to Send PM

Have you had Sutliff's Chocolate Mousse?

And since you mentioned vanilla...Sutliff's Vanilla Custard.

JoeMan
    Posted 1 year ago #
  20. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Firedance Flake, someone liked that flake? By itself? Ha ha. I think it is lacking in all departments, flavor of the topping and the tobacco. But, mixed with some Newminster Blackberry Brandy is pretty good.

Rattray's Bagpiper's Dream smells and tastes divine. It smells like a men's cologne should.

Michael
    Posted 1 year ago #
  21. lazar

lazar

Login to Send PM

Cosmic - Tobacco taste differences never cease to amaze me. Firedance is one of my favorite aros, and Bagpiper's gives me a headache and makes me nauseous.

Posted 1 year ago #
  22. User has not uploaded an avatar

briarbuda48

Login to Send PM

From a previous post.

If you want something off the beaten path, try "Holy Smoke" from Oxmore Smoke Shop in Louisville, KY. They have a web page but this tobacco is not listed, so I just call it in. 502-426-4706. There are very few reviews at http://www.tobaccoreviews.com however, what is there scores it a 3. It's not overly cased, burns well, has a great room note and the flavor lasts to the bottom of the bowl. I ordered 8 oz's yesterday. Black Stoker from Uhles is another great aromatic. You can order that one (as well as many other great tobaccos) online. Celebration from Mission Pipe Shope in San Jose, CA is worth the effort as well. They have a website but this one doesn't show up. Good luck and great smokes.

Also, Killarny from Ted's Pipe Shoppe in Tulsa, OK. Mark Clyne is the blender.

Posted 1 year ago #
  23. aro222

aro222

Login to Send PM

Any info on Bob’s Chocolate Flake ?
    I haven’t tried a flake yet Curiousity is killing me

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   szconrad, piperoni, cigrmaster, ben88, renfield