PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambam

Can't Leave
Jun 22, 2011
Virginia
I'm not really sure where this post should go, so if it's in the wrong place I apologize. I have been asked to be the best man at my best friends wedding, I have never done anything like this before so I'm kinda nervous. I have to write and do toast, well I don't have a clue as to what to say so I'm looking for any help/suggestions that I can get from you guys and gals. Thanks :?:

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
A best man speach doesnt have to be fancy, just speak fom the heart. Remember not to say anything negative, as this is a celebration. I'm actually performing part of the wedding service for my brother on saturday. Congrats on getting asked!

pdmus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 5, 2011
Santa Monica, CA
Pick out some touching memories, some humorous moments, some story about how they met, some things the bride or groom has said to you and last, why they are right for eachother - then wish them all the happiness in the world!
Then, sit down, drink a gallon of champagne and smoke a pipe or 2 of your favorite tobacco.
Love and advise from "Ask Anastsia"
pdmus
[/url][/img]

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
My two rules for public speaking:

1. Say half as much as you think you should (most people go on and on and on)

2. Say it half as fast as you normally speak (most people speak WAY too fast when they're behind a mic).

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
I've done this twice and you'll just make it worse if you try and plan it. Tell him why he's your best bud and keep it short. Remember they are the focus, not you. All of my advice is free by the way.

stryder

Might Stick Around
Aug 24, 2011
Having done this a couple times....best advice I have is keep it short. Thank your friend for choosing you, say something about them being made for each other, destiny something like that etc etc and then ask the the others to join you in congratulating the amazing couple.......oh and do not get drunk before your speech.....later maybe NOT before...this thing is probably being recorded!

Status
Not open for further replies.