PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
Okay, been trying a lot of blends talked about here. All that Hobbit stuff, some stuff from Outwest, some stuff a guy gave me at the Voodoo book store.
Too much of it is too damn hard to smoke and it goops up my pipe.
I like the Lane 1Q pretty well, and it seems to not fill my pipe with gear oil.
Any suggestions along the line of 1Q that doesn't cost either my left or right testicle?

assaad

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2011
I've had the same problems with very good tobaccos, maybe if you packed your pipe and let it sit for a few hours or even a day it would solve the problem.

mowens

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2011
Try some Odyssey. Never had any goop problems and it a great smoke. Also I found that if you let your tobacco dry out for a short bit before you smoke it really decreases the chance of goopiness. I say short time because everyone has their own preference. I will go anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours depending on the blend. If it's an aromatic then I just do 15 but if it's a dense flake I will let it sit a while. Also, I have to second Uncle Arthur's suggestion of 7 Seas blends.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
the dry time is true. If I smoke about half a bowl, and come back the next day, it smokes better. However, that is crazyness. I would rather just be able to load and smoke for the most part.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I love Haddo's Delight, but it makes my head spin. It's one of those tobaccos that smells and tastes so good that I am tempted to eat it.
Eidt: I didn't want to post again so fast... But, "tastes so good that I am tempted to eat it."... Damn Right!

Lawrence

Status
Not open for further replies.