PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9shag

Can't Leave
Oct 24, 2012
North Carolina
My old leather Charlotta bag has worn out on the inside. It was a four pipe carrier with plenty of room for tobacco and accessories. I have searched for a new bag bit it seams the affordable ones are going to be a tight fit. I ordered a Brog bag on Amazon but it is tight with all of my big bowl pipes. I have looked at the Wessex bags and the size looks better but they are not cheap and probably hard to return should I not like it. (thats why I went with amazon first)
Any help/ideas would be great.

jzbdano

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2016
Check out Maxpedition Fatty or Beefy for an organizer pouch. Hard pistol cases work well for pipes also.

jzbdano

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2016
I use my leather roll up from Charred Embers and Oak most often. I think my wife got it through Pinterest. It holds 2 pipes, cleaners/tamper and a round 50g tin.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Martin Weiss, fantastic quality. Mine will hold two group 4 and one three-big bowls, I dunno. Expensive, but not given the quality.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
This works!
KGNizOf.jpg

Not everyone needs a special carrier, but for those who do, there are some threads here with photos.

k9shag

Can't Leave
Oct 24, 2012
North Carolina
Martin Weiss, fantastic quality. Mine will hold two group 4 and one three-big bowls, I dunno. Expensive, but not given the quality.

@saltedplug I am sure the Weiss is a fine bag and had I not just purchased an unsmoked Rad Davis, and a Mccranie Jocono/Ashton collaboration pipe I might have considered it. The Maxpedition will hold me over for a while. Do you buy your Weiss from ebay or elsewhere?
Thanks

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
This isn't the answer that's wanted; however, for an inexpensive pipe carrier for carry-on luggage for travel or for for a vehicle/boat/etc., I think those ordinary old nylon shaving kits from Walmart/Target/etc. really do the job. First, they look mundane so they don't invite theft. No one wants to steal you razor, toothpaste, and deodorant. They hold two or three pipes, a tin or bag or two of tobacco, matches or lighter, pipe tool, and a little bundle of pipe cleaners. Use pipe socks for padding for pipes. You can wrap a tobacco pouch around a fragile pipe. I have a beautiful Savinelli leather pipe case for show, but for trucking around, the shaving kit works well.

Reactions: SeniorAMG

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
If you're only carrying around a couple of pipes and some tobacco, I found this little pack made by a company called Condor. It was all of $20.

oatgLG-yTK1s98R_07FW-bBrHkEJBqefKFVtwAFKNrirywFm3HtBolSlTi5liqU1bfUHkCX_1CcFqJJ2ElLuHtvY-wp_SBR01gMORxv2vDsvDxzyjMx91GsTv0pjXkaVcfehai-hVyxGGqZDU9CdGlun62lALkUkzblP2lcLveWSa9GaTvZdfqAjTAdLzW8HjQFMtiB_qzfB-aKM4-8VfbWJN7h_t7OkgnJpGFZyeM5yJjUpS-Pm01gsWlH2lBXwSFvv2T9WjNG4RcJvw42T7ERrOlusGjZoTFT5a29TBGWlmIKtzKp-6nFiPVRJ2OVXV1Y8nDQucXSjcnQgN-orRMR_4vqlXtXth1oJ1TS4rujh3stM5P8jw5OFPZ3ttEEyv4cY4sxHBhmL-4XPSH0xoLiJesQyHX4P37VAelpzBzKquD1RPPHGA4x3ZEg3xNiR-4DSqFGM15FVBeqPuafoe8a2JNNUYWbtE58r-cyP01CcrJvzA6m_zvlaJMyFpizx0cSvt4MjP-SWMWGHwIFCVHQ4PN2s23gfZK1KzGsyhLLfv7__fjHKr6X21b-E3gL48IQiurbCB8fPTspfDBAQKN9jM0DUcijcw2JW3aw=w974-h1298-no

theloniousmonkfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2017
Goodwill, old computer or cd carriers. I mainly use a laptop bag, plenty of pockets and places to put everything.
Bassbug, looks you keep a stick gel pen in your bag too. Dig that Condor at twenty bucks, is there a pocket under the pipes or on the outside for tobacco or do you have to just squeeze everything in there?

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
There are, in fact, two pockets. One behind where you see the pipes and another, zippered pocket on the front of the pouch. I keep small notebooks or even my cell phone in the pockets.
I just carry the pouch, but it comes with both a belt loop and shoulder strap.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I will vote for the Martin Weiss as well. Mine carries 4 pipes group 4-5 in size, a tin of tobacco and a tamper if you don't have one in your lighter. I have had mine for years and it still looks brand new.

4pipecs-443x600.jpg

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
I'm with JZ. My two is for Maxpedition Fatty. Tough. Holds two-three large bowls, tool, tobac and other stuff. Can't beat the price when they are on sale.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I have a Smokin Holsters Urban Pipe Bag (six big pipe pouches, holds up to 12 pipes).

I was considering selling mine.

http://www.smokinholsters.com/Urban%20Pipe%20Bags.html

retrogrouch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 16, 2017
I have been eyeballing the Sorringowl and Sons products. They are smaller than what you have been looking for but look very well made. https://sorringowlandsons.com/

k9shag

Can't Leave
Oct 24, 2012
North Carolina
I have been eyeballing the Sorringowl and Sons products. They are smaller than what you have been looking for but look very well made. https://sorringowlandsons.com/
I actually have one on the way. I think My Maxpedition Fatty will work when I need something larger.

retrogrouch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 16, 2017
I actually have one on the way. I think My Maxpedition Fatty will work when I need something larger.
Please let us know what you think of the Sorringowl roll. I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I keep debating the lower cost/hand made thing and what it is worth to me. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.