PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I got this pipe in an estate sale a while back and its completely unmarked. Also, its not quite my style, but i'd like to figure out what it is. If anyone has any clues, please let me know. Thanks
IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
Spooling down into that first photo, I thought it was the Eye of Sauron.
I am totally ignorant of freehand stylings, but it looks like a one-off training piece. No less beautifil, though. I dig the fluted look and the partial rustication. I bet you'll have a good answer soon.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Yeah I don't know freehands but that one is amazing. My favorite pipes are the semi rusticated ones. I wish I had something to trade you for it. Maybe you should try and smoke it and see if you end up liking it.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I will probably put it up for sale or trade soon. i could use the $ or tobacco especially after my mustang went in the shop

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Probably don't have anything to offer but we will see. I'm curious who is the maker as well.

beewrangler2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2012
Kinda looks like a Von Erck, heres an early one of his that I have in my herd. But can't say for sure, a lot of his early carvings that I have, the nomenclature was on the bottom of the bowl, lending itself to be rubbed off over time. Are there any logo or insets on the stem? Bill
100_0337.jpg

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
If I had to judge on the carving, rustication and stem, my first instinct is to say its a Nording. But that is an opinion based on very little. Whoever made it, it's one beautiful pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.