PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

urtpiz

Lurker
Oct 29, 2013
I got a little antsy tonight and located a tobacco shop nearby, with about two dozen pipes to choose from (mainly a cigar shop). I wanted a straight pipe, rusticated. He pulled out a Savinelli for about 76 bucks and I bought it without much discussion. When I got home, I noticed some markings and thought I would try to figure out exactly what I got and if I got a good or bad deal. It looks very similar to a Savinelli Private Label 2011 111KS Rustic. On the bottom are the following markings: Savinelli Product, Italy, and C&M. If anyone knows anything it might help me decide if I should be a repeat customer or not.
BTW, I bought something called Blue Note, recommended when I said I wanted something a little stronger than 1Q. It was a little better.

jarit

Can't Leave
Jul 2, 2013
Sounds like it's a Savinelli made for a certain tobacconist (C&M ?). I've had a couple of pipes stamped "Savinelli Product" and then the store name. Both were rusticated and in the same price bracket. Fine smokers, both of them. I think they had shape numbers stamped, as well. Number 111 KS is a straight billiard, KS means "King Size"
Here's the Savinelli shape chart.
There are at least two Blue Note blends. The other one is well liked tinned one from DAD pipe in Germany, the other is cheaper pouch/bulk stuff from Tobacco Galleria.
HTH

castellarius

Might Stick Around
Oct 20, 2013
Yes , Savinelli Product is for some low end pipes, especially for export as you can't see those in Italy.

Out of curiosity: Savinelli also bought "manifatture Rossi" brand , a huge pipe producer until late 70's in Italy (like 50000 and more pipes per year, low quality to few middle/high quality).
They stamp lower quality pipes like "Rossi" (with the original logos, stamping of vintage Rossi pipes)and then , in little character, "Savinelli product".
+1 KS: king size, bigger size than their usual shapes.

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
I have a two Savinelli pipes that were produced for Kremers Smoke Shope in Louisville ky. They are called Kremers Supreme. Both are good smokers.
Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.