PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicsmoke7

Lurker
Aug 22, 2013
Ohio
I just bought a meerschaum lined Brebbia at the show this weekend, and after the first smoke the bowl smeeled strongly of garlic, still does. I have smoked it four times now and the worst part is it wafts. Not too mention the occasional puff tastes of garlic as well. I was eating pizza the first time I smoked it. Any ideas, or really any info or opinions about meerschaum lined bowls in general. Thanks guys!

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you weren't smoking Garlic Tobacco. :mrgreen:
What tobacco did you smoke in it? Was it the same tobacco for each of the 4 smokes? Was it cleaned by the seller, and if so did he/she mention how they cleaned it or was it a brand new pipe? Did the bowl have an odor before the first smoke?

magicsmoke7

Lurker
Aug 22, 2013
Ohio
It was unsmoked and did not have an odor until after the first bowl. which was luxury navy flake. then i smoked some solani 633 VaP then dunhill emp then 633 again. i did wipe out the bowl with my finger instead of a paper towel. and as i said i had been eating pizza, and i had only wiped my hands off with a paper towel not soap and water, but the fellas I was with assured me that that could not have been the problem.

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
Well since meerschaum ghost pipes don't and none of those tobaccos have a garlic aroma I'm gonna say it was the oils on you hand that caused it or small bits of your food found its way into your pipe

~Ron

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
This is GUARANTEED to fix your problem:
1. Buy an Habañero chili pepper.

2. Cut it open.

3. Rub your finger vigourously on the inside, especially the seeds.

4. Now thoroughly rub the inside of your pipe bowl with the same finger.

5. Wash your hands thoroughly, and do not touch your eyes or other sensitive parts of your anatomy for at least three weeks.
Also, you will not need to be smoking any Perique in your pipe for quite some time.
This is based on an actual experience I had: I was making some Thai curry, and shortly after, noticed some pipe cleaner lint inside one of my pipes. I cleaned it out with my finger, and the results were spectacular! :laughat:

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
......Seriously, you might try coating the bowl with a little honey, then smoking an aromatic (burns hotter, and crystallizes the honey faster). That's what I did when I accidentally got some chili pepper in the pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.