PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

forest7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
Tonight smoked H&H Anni Kake in this pipe.

It gave me a pure enjoyment,dry and cool for hours.

Now I wonder who or what brand make this pipe. Pipe Marking is "HANDMADE ITALY" ONLY. No mark on stem.

Please help me to find out.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE!

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
All pipes are handmade to a varying degree. Now, whether one guy worked the one pipe from start to finish (artisan pipe), or it was made by several guys on an assembly line (factory pipe), that is the big price difference. To my knowledge, they haven't (yet) devised a CNC lathe or some other sort of machinery where the raw block of briar goes in one end and it comes out a finished bowl at the other, ready to take a finished stem that has undergone the same process, and perhaps the machine would fit the two together as well, so no human hands are involved in the making of the pipe other than feeding in the materials and pushing buttons.

.....Rant over....

Your pipe is more than likely a "basket" pipe (the maker did not stamp its' name on it), and it seems to have some age.

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
It's likely to be a Savinelli. IMO the Hand Made series are Autograph seconds, all the ones I've seen have the distinctive Autograph style stems. Most, not all, will have the "snake" style logo stamped on the stems. On many of the older vulcanite stems, the logo is very faint or completely polished off.

http://www.pipephil.eu/logos/en/logo-savinelli2.html

The markings vary a lot on these. All have "HAND MADE", most have "ITALY" and a few will have "SAVINELLI". I have 4 or 5 of them and they all deliver a smoke as good as my Autographs.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't recognize this pipe at all. Arbitrarily, I'd cross Savenelli (seconds) off the list; it just doesn't have

the look. There are several Italian makers who specialize in lower priced pipes, most of them well made

good smokers. I think it is one of these. Identifying it could be tricky -- that freehand shape varies so

much from year to year, they are hard to pin down. The stem might give a clue, but it's a long shot.

I often want stamps on pipes to give a little more info, but I think the pipe makers are cagey in not doing

that. If the pipe smokes well, I'd just enjoy its no-name mystery.

forest7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for Info.

More Picture and Details.

Length : 6" Height : 2.5" Width : 1.6"

Stem : Acrylic with no Logo Marking : HANDMADE ITALY

jarit

Can't Leave
Jul 2, 2013
Nice looking pipe.
My first impression was a Savinelli Autograph, as well. The general freehand shape and the stem in particular remind me of them. But since it's not stamped as such, it's not one. Their carvers are apparently unknown anyway. I remember reading somewhere that they were outsourced for sole craftsmen and not made in the Savinelli factory proper. Don't know if it's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.