PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilikepipes78

Lurker
Jan 23, 2018
I just purchased a lot of 20 pipes and one has me stumped. It is stamped The Smoke and that is it. I have searched all over the web and nothing comes up. If anybody knows anything about this pipe I would appreciate the info Thank you.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Photos are helpful, if not critical.
Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Photobucket; Postimage; Dropbox, etc.), or on virtually any site, select the full image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose copy image location. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.
The site's album is also a good choice.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Its one of the old graphite/brylon/composite pipe like "The Pipe" lineup.
http://www.thepipe.info/

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Brylon is used for low end pipes, is heavy and burns hot, but a few members have used this in dirty, dusty, greasy work place situations because the pipes are low priced, durable, and can be cleaned of greasy dirt.

ilikepipes78

Lurker
Jan 23, 2018
Thanks guys for all the info this helped a lot. I have only been smoking and collecting pipes for a little more than a year now and I am still learning, so glad I found this forum. Thank you will be looking forward to future conversations.

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
Brylon is used for low end pipes, is heavy and burns hot, but a few members have used this in dirty, dusty, greasy work place situations because the pipes are low priced, durable, and can be cleaned of greasy dirt.
"the pipe" is not Brylon.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
"the pipe" is not Brylon.
As I remember, they were cast using phenolic resin, similar to billiard balls. The Smoke had a different chamber lining vs. The pipe.
Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.