PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I can't quite make out the name on this pipe. I've made several guesses but couldn't come up with a match on pipephil so I'm hoping someone here can help.
64bf189bf14c4ac2a9a0aabc09c753232-450x600.jpg

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Looks like an ampersand (&) after the B. BB&S maybe?
Pipedia: "BB&S, which stood for Bill Barling & Sons, was a transition era Barling sub-brand."
Looks like "BB&S LIV (roman numerals for 54)... Huge guess on my part.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
No answer yet. It's in a 3 pipe deal I'm looking at with what looks like a Kaywoodie and a noname 2 tone wood pipe. The stem looks a bit oxidized on whatever it is but the asking price is only $20 for all 3. Decisions, decisions...

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I finally pulled the trigger on this desl. The price was dropped to $14.99 + $7 shipping. I was also a little inspired by Crash's Kaywoodie post to get a Kaywoodie.
Package arrived and the gold star goes to Panhandler as it is indeed a BB&S!
So for $22 I got:
A BB&S that the wood is in fantastic shape on but the stem has a small hole, some chatter, and is oxidized. Might have to practice stem restoration on this one.
A Kaywoodie Campus that only needs cleaning and no restoration. I'm not a fan of the screw stem but it really is just a beautiful little pipe. Actually almost a case of love at first sight when I first held it.
Lastly I got a no name 2 tone wood pipe with a screen in it. It's in great shape so I'll clean it up and give it away to a good home.
So happy overall but especially with that little Kaywoodie. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.