PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonanzadriver

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2016
Hello all,
Just got home a few hours ago from the TAPS Pipe and Tobacco Expo in Raleigh...
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/triangle-area-pipe-smokers-20th-annual-pipe-amp-tobacco-expo
While there I picked up an older tin of Penzance...

The gentleman I bought it from told me it was aged, but he wasn't sure how old it was. He thought that either the presence or absence of wording on the tin label indicated the age of it.
I know that's pretty vague, but something tells me that this fine sight, being chocked full of Pipe Tobacco Aficionado's and all, will most certainly shed some light on the matter.
Thanks in advance.
Dino

bonanzadriver

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2016
Thanks Mike.
I've been doin a little google fu and what I've found so far points to it being a 1999 or older.
Looking forward to trying this for sure.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Nothing worse than finding out your date is all dried out. I'd be very curious to find out how moist the tobacco is in that ca. 20 year old tin.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I've purchased a few of those late '90's tins and the contents have always been perfect. Absolutely terrific smoke. Enjoy it!!

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
When I saw this thread I dug out the four tins of Penzance that I have ... the labels are identical indicating a similar age. Certainly, I have had these tins for near on ten years and they came from someone who cellared.
I did open one of them. It was a little dry - not much, but a little. A small spray of water and left overnight seems to have done the trick! It is exactly as I remember it, if anything even more balanced and luscious.

Status
Not open for further replies.