Mar 9, 2010
Which stem with this WIP?

opinion-003-600x450.jpg

opinion-002-600x450.jpg

opinion-001-600x450.jpg

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Middle it is. It was my first choice but I wasn't sure. Bob I didn't know either. I started rusticating and it sort of happened! LOL!

nathaniel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 4, 2011
darker is better with briar I always think. Less contrast between bowl and stem. Course, then again... I am color blind :|

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
numero dos. 3rd stem would look good if the bowl was a little darker. Yellow stems are a funny thing for me. I like the way they look, but something inside me prevents me from buying one. Most of my pipes are rugged and nature-ish without a lot of flash or pizazzzz.
I might like to commission a deer hunting woodsy pipe. Camo colored & swirled lucite stem. Maple finish w/ partial rustication at the bottom of the bowl, around the rim, and close to the stem. The rustication would need to be dark brownish. I think a half black half brown transition for the stem would be neat. Shape wold be a LARGE full bent sqaushed tomato with a brair wind cap.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Thanks guys! I will probably work on this one more tonight if I can get my right hand to settle down. Darn arthritis has it pretty swollen.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I'm a middle of the road kinda fella so of course I like the middle one..Actually the reason why is the color of the stem matches the bowl.I like that.The pipe looks really great.

Status
Not open for further replies.