PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
I am in charge of buying a bottle for my next bourbon club meeting and I would like to buy a good scotch any suggestions guys?

I live in PA so kinda limited on some things.

darthcider

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 24, 2014
Wales
Laphroig, salty, smoky, iodine medicine taste.

That will either pull you in, or make your mind up to never try it.

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
Give a price category and what characteristics you like in your Bourbon. Have you guys done a single malt tasting before?

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
I'm big on the sherry cask scotch. So far this is all the ones we have already tried.

Jeffersons Reserve very small batch

The Yamazaki Japanese single malt

Mastersons 10 year straight rye whiskey

Blanton

Michters

Glendronach

Whistle pig

Dad's hat

Breckinridge

Macallan 15 year

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
25 and up so the ceiling is the limit for price. My only limit is living in PA. I don't believe state law allows receiving liquor postal,ups or fedex but I can be totally wrong.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
I don't think there is anyway I can obtain products from the rip van winkle distillery. Mainly because it would need to be shipped.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I also vote for he Balvenie 12 year, very good scotch. If you want something cheap get Clan MacGregor. It is cheap, but has a great flavor for what it is.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Ardbeg 10

Laphroig 10

Laguvulin 16

Talisker 18
For fairly cheap and still quite drinkable ... Famous Grouse! :)

lostandfound

Sep 30, 2011
Shared some Glenmorangie La Santa with a buddy on his birthday about a month ago. I can't say much, as my Scotch experience is sorely limited (Glenmorangie 10, Glenfiddich 12, and Glenlivet 12), but I can say that it was very different from what I mentioned.
Actually, I can say this too. When I took my first sip, I was instantly reminded of this guy the company I work for did a roof repair for. He was about sixty, had an extremely varied disposition, and made it abundantly clear, as we took our final leave, that he is well versed in the world of "good scotch whiskies".

Status
Not open for further replies.