PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
2784178F-5CB8-4DB8-B822-0250821986B6-21527-00007437029DA263_zps70e550c9.jpg
. One Homemade ashtray with wine cork knocker and clothespen rest, hot coffee, good lighter, one can of wasp and hornet spray, and a 1986 Dunhill RB Cumberland loaded with Nitecap.Good start to a good morning.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Brad
We're you ready just before dawn or was it the flash from the camera?
Down where you are I imagine the Mosquitos must be the size of bats
Enjoy that first bowl of the day

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
I love that home-made ashtray, Bradley! Very ingenious.
Up here in NH we've had the best "bug season" yet. Hardly any black flies or mosquitoes at all, such that I can enjoy a pipe on the front (unscreened) porch rather than the back (screened) porch. And I haven't seen many wasps, but a TON of honeybees and hummingbirds, which I think is a good sign. Normally the black flies in Spring and mosquitoes in Summer are almost unbearable here, but the harsh Winter we had must have thinned them out.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Bradley you need to buy one of them there 'bug-a-salt' pump action shot guns. I purchased one earlier in the summer and I have been shooting everything that moves with it right down to water bugs. Its the best fun you can have for $30 and you can repeatedly shoot the wife with it!

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Bradley you need to buy one of them there 'bug-a-salt' pump action shot guns. I purchased one earlier in the summer and I have been shooting everything that moves with it right down to water bugs. Its the best fun you can have for $30 and you can repeatedly shoot the wife with it!

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
And repeat 12-14 hrs later replacing coffee with a single malt scotch served up neet!

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Glad up here in Colorado I don't have the bug problem you do, Brad. I don't envy or miss that aspect of living down South. You can keep them and the humidity.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Thankfully, the yellowjackets are not a problem this year (they have been in years past...).

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Coulda used some of that Raid yesterday. Was cutting some small saplings with a chainsaw yesterday trying to clear a path into the woods. Damn red wasps come boiling up out of the ground and one nailed me on my right index finger. My hand is still swollen and sore.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Nightcap is an excellent way to start the day off. Oddly, I always preferred the Nightcap in the morning and EMP at night. I have not tried these new versions yet so should probably give them a try.
Nice Dunhill, Bradley.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I will say, that wasp and hornet spray drops them cold, but I still don't want to have to sack more than

one or two. Bring out the ack-ack anti-aircraft mount. ... What a great pipe, finish, shape and stem.

apiperisdown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2014
Wasps! I had a run in with one of those little bas___ds this afternoon. Stung me right good. Glad I still had that Mixture 79 on hand to make a poultice out of ‘cause it’s come close to being tossed in the trash once or twice already. The only thing is now my hounds won’t leave me alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.