PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Recently I have dedicated a bit of time to researching this Navy blend - you know, the rum laced blends. I had to order a tin online (the whole relabeling storm has not passed yet - in case you guys were wondering) and settled for Samuel Gawith Navy Flake. My dilemma, while I wait for my package, is navy considered an aromatic by any means? Does it ghost like an aromatic? For example this particular blend is latakia with virginia. What should I be expecting? I have a couple of pipes for my latakia light blends, and one for my latakia heavy blends. I keep a different pipe for virginia perique ... not sure which pipe to use, or if I should I dedicate a singular pipe due to the whole rum thing. Any suggestions?

jabo

Can't Leave
Jan 26, 2016
Most of the Navy flakes I've smoked seem to have light casing and good flavor. I would be pushed to classify them as aromatics . They are what I call a sem-aromatic. Never had a ghosting problem. I usually smoke in billiards usually using what I call a wad and stuff packing.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I like SG Navy Flake. (Shoot,I like all of the SG lat flakes.) I smoke it in a good-size pot - that seems to work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.