Nate King, Anyone Know Who Owns This Pipe?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I've admired photos of this pipe for awhile and would be VERY curious as to its story and cost. Anyone seen it before? I have contacted him directly, but he isn't the best on returning emails since opening his new shop.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Well you asked a yes or no question....Peck owns the pipe, or at least he did own it at one time. He posted pics of it when he bought it from Smokers Haven.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Nate's Streamliner originally sold for a grand. (I thought it was worth considerably more)
A duplicate today, if somebody should want one, would BE considerably more, I imagine.
Photos don't do the pipe justice. It's a masterpiece of thematic design and execution---I inspected it in hand with full-on eyeball enhancement, and every last detail was dead-on.
PS for those who are unfamiliar with the pipe: the metal work is all titanium. (Go Google what that means when it comes to fabrication.)

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I remember that one, beautiful. I've held Nate King pipes at the Richmond show (and met Nate). The pipe construction is outstanding and he definitely has a unique flair.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Thank you George!!!!! It's right up there as one of the coolest pipes I've ever seen. Masterful in every way! I'm glad to hear that it's equally impressive in the hand. I'm just glad to finally know the name!! And yeah a grand is a serious steal!!! I would've guessed twice that at least. Thanks again!! Question asked and answered!!
Funny cause prior to this thread, I sent peck a message asking if he owned it, just on a whim lol

Dec 24, 2012
Yes, I own that pipe (unless he has made another exactly like it). And no, I haven't smoked that one quite yet. One day I will.

fearsclave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2014
You know, I am a bit of a stuffy Anglo-centric arch-conservative when it comes to pipe shapes. Pretty much any shape developed after the 1920s leaves me cold. Danish freehands? Meh. Most modern artisanal pipes? Meh.
But that pipe? That is one cool pipe. Really, really cool in fact.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
That is one very handsome pipe. I usually don't get very excited about the new advent Gard pipes but that one has a special look about it that's very compelling. Looks like something Harley Earl might drive.

Dec 24, 2012
Thanks. Nate is a great pipemaker. The original thread was here: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/ryan-alden-amp-nate-king-pipes
I believe it was modeled on an old art deco microphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.