PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Last year I didn't buy a single thing at the NASPC Show. Being my first show, I didn't want to be impulsive and ended up with nothing, though I did contact a shop to buy a pipe I had seen there a month later. This year was different! I picked up a Jesse Jones Sandblasted Billiard, a Charl Goussard Sandblasted Billiard, 11 and 9 year old tins of Dan Tobacco's The Malthouse Founder's Reserve, and a tin of Regents Flake, which has been on my "to try" list for a while. The Goussard has a really light blast that makes it look a bit like cast iron.

So, what did you fellas grab this year? Let's see some photos!

3ViXIAJ.jpg

d33jl82.jpg

yy1TW5T.jpg

UFHlC6m.jpg

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Well even though I wasn't there, it looks like you did pretty well for yourself! Couple of nice billiards, particularly the Goussard, very nice. Did it come with the sock with the bead trim? I have some Regents Flake but haven't opened it yet, and the Malthouse is something I'm not familiar with, but sounds good too. Enjoy!

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Yes, it came with the beaded sock. Going to start breaking it in tonight. Now, to choose a blend...

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
Is that your first Jesse Jones pipe? I’m a huge fan of his work and saw that billiard when it was posted online just before the show- what a pipe! As close to perfect proportions as it gets. I would have bought it but bought a ring-grained author of his that was posted at the same time. Enjoy!

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Tidickson - No, this is the 5th pipe I got from Jesse. His pipes are amazing! He is currently working on the rain to my 1st JJ commission, a 1/8 bent Brandy that is my absolute favorite pipe.

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
I agree, Jesse’s pipes are amazing. The author I recently bought is number 8 for me, my first being a huge Dunhill LC shape in 2014. I’ve never parted with any JJ pipe I’ve owned and I can’t say that about any other brand/maker in my collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.