PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

grrrrr609

Lurker
Dec 27, 2013
I did a search and no recent posts but is the NASPC still operational? I mean I went to go to there site and check it out while i was considering a membership, and Google says the site has been hacked. and their home page wont open. (actually kept trying to get to the home page before i noticed google telling me it was hacked). Anyone have any info? Thanx in advance.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
NASPC is indeed alive and well. I read the web page was hacked a a bit ago but I just checked before I began typing this. It's a great deal. Domestic membership is what, $18.00/yr? Six issues of The Pipe Collector delivered to your door. Online "virtual issues available for less if you're so inclined.They have a facebook presence as well. Oh, and you can pay with Paypal. Do it!
Mike S.

grrrrr609

Lurker
Dec 27, 2013
Thanx for the info. I want the newsletter and that's why I went to there page to check into it. I just got Facebook so I will look for their page there.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I recently renewed my membership for 3 years for $48. You make up the membership fee thru discounts given by merchants as shown in the newsletter.
If you want to speak with someone at NASPC call Graphic Touch Biz in Columbus, OH

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
NASPC is one of the few bargains left on this planet. Membership entitles you to the newsletter, 6x per year, the right to purchase the POY (a tremendous bargain!) and discounts at various online and B&M merchants. Don't pass it up.

dcrguns

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
I just joined the on-line version for 2014. I look forward to the newsletter and may get the pipe of the year also. I will be using the discounts offered also.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I've been a member for the past three years. The website does appear to have been hacked at the moment:

http://www.ugg-deutschland.com/
Curiously, I've emailed Jeff Knoll (Treasurer) three times to update my membership and get the 2009 back issues. But he hasn't replied to any. I suspect he's out of pocket for the holiday, which explains why no one has fixed the website.
Renewing my email membership is the best $10 a pipe guy can spend.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I hope the website can be fixed. It is sad when someone hacks a company site. It is too bad that knowledge and ability could not be used for a useful rather than harmful purpose.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
It looks like only the banner link from Google is link to the German site, the rest of the site is fine.

(ie: they highjacked only the www.naspc.org URL). http://www.naspc.org/newsletter.htm etc. is OK.
I'm sure I'll hear from Jeff this week. I was hoping to save the club from mailing renewal postcards, guessing they wouldn't do that until mid to late January.

Status
Not open for further replies.