NASCAR

(33 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by anthonyrosenthal74
  • Latest reply from anthonyrosenthal74
  1. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Finally! It's back! The Daytona 500 is next Sunday. Anyone else here gonna be watching, or perhaps even going? I'm a big Tony Stewart fan, myself (Go Smoke!) But I have some other favorites as well.

Cut me... I bleed black.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I only watch occasionally and every time I do, I really enjoy it and promomise myself Im going to watch more but I dont. I was able to photograph the Indy 500 in 2008 from Danica Patrick pit stop and that was an epic experience. After that, I like to watch racing in general but I'm really a MotoGP fan.

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Indy with Danica's pit crew huh? That had to be cool I like MotoGP as well, and AMA Superbike. Well it's on Sunday Zonomo. And Danica is on the pole. First time in history a female driver won the pole in Nascar. She's got a fast car. Fastest car in second practice as well. I'm excited to see how she does.

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Wow, I didn't know that, I'm definitely recording it. I wonder if I'd get in trouble for posting a few of my pics. I have some of Dan Weldon too - RIP.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. puffy

puffy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I can't keep an interest in anything that last that long.Sometimes I watch the last few laps.

Life's most valuable treasure is..Love
    Posted 1 year ago #
  6. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Those would be some great pics to see, zonomo.

Puffy, the last 20 laps or so are definitely the best, but it's like reading a good book. You might see how the hero wins the battle at the end, but you're missing out on the trials he had to go through to get there.

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. scurvydog

scurvydog

Login to Send PM

I love it...I to am a Smoke fan. I only live an hour from Daytona. I took the family, hell the whole neighborhood to the shootout "Sprint Unlimited" last Saturday. I'm going to the Budweiser Duels on Thurs and I also have 500 tickets. I am also going to NH race in July.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

scurvydog... I'm jealous I hope you have a great time. I'm pretty close to Texas Motor Speedway, and I fully intend to catch one of the races here this year.

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. brianlevine

brianlevine

The Talent

Login to Send PM

I will most definitely be watching and my daughter and I will be cheering on Denny Hamlin. Check out my Facebook page for pictures from the last three races here in Charlotte.

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. simnettpratt

simnettpratt

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I had season tickets to Texas Motor Speedway the first eight years it was here; didn't miss a race. I much prefer road courses than ovals though. The street racing around Reunion Arena before Tx Motor Speedway was built were awesome; Trans Am was the headliner and it was all general admission, so you could switch corners between races. If any of you don't have a scanner, rent one and you'll never go to a race without a scanner again.

Best line I ever heard was in a truck race - the guy on the pole wiped out about a third of the way in and they were all sad, but they taped him up and sent him back out. He actually started moving back up the field, but when he got in the top ten, wrecked himself again.

Someone said, "Well, we're done" and the crew chief replied, "Like hell, we goin' to fix it! Killer, go to the garage and get me some epoxy, some racing tape and a whole bunch of hammers!" It was pretty sweet.

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. User has not uploaded an avatar

bigmick

Login to Send PM

Big fan here. I just switched cable companies to get another DVR so I can record the races I'll miss this year due to work. I didn't have to switch but I got a better deal.

Anyway Daytona is my "superbowl". I spend the afternoon sitting on the couch and staring at the TV. I go the the Darlington race every couple of years. My folks live in Myrtle Beach and get a bus tour to the race. Doesn't cost much more and I don't have to fight traffic. I live about two hours from the Kentucky speedway so hopefully I'll get to the race there. 4 hours to Indy so that's on my bucket list too.

Nice to see Danica on the pole, but it's a different world when there is 43 other drivers on the track with her. I'll reserve judgement based on her finish.

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. daveinlax

daveinlax

Login to Send PM

I pay attention to what's happening in NASCAR all year but I really only watch regularly in the winter/early spring. I enjoy watching the "big one"(and the finger pointing after) and the last laps at the plate races. F1 is my favorite series I watch/record every lap of the season.

Posted 1 year ago #
  13. sal57

sal57

Login to Send PM

All I can say is Jimmie Johnson all the way. 48 sweet

Smoking a cigareete is like watching tv,Smoking a cigar is like watching a good movie,Smoking a pipe is like reading a great novel.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  14. captainbob

captainbob

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'll be watching the Daytona 500! I am a great NASCAR fan and my favorite is Danica. An insurance client of mine is a NASCAR Official. He has supplied me with a signed photo of Danica and two lug-nuts from her race car. I use them as paper-weights on my desk at the office and refer to them not as lug-nuts, but rather, "LOVE-NUTS"!
    I want to be watching when she wins her first NASCAR race. I'll miss skiing this weekend to watch her race on Sunday. I wish her well and I wish my name was Ricky Stenhouse Jr.! I'll also be puffing on all of my favorite blends during the race with my air-purifier on. It will be very interesting. She does have a temper! A message to Ricky Stenhouse... "if you want to continue to be her lover, don't get in her way on the track"!
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted 1 year ago #
  15. oldpops41

oldpops41

Login to Send PM

Im a happy red neck #88

"Life Is Good" BlackBlood Society
    Posted 1 year ago #
  16. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

@Sal57 Johnson's great. I've always liked watching him race. He has a lot of class. But if it comes down to him and Stewart, I gotta go for Smoke.

@Captain Bob I hope Danica does well too. She's had some rough going the last few seasons, but she's improving and quickly making a name for herself in what historically has been a man's world. I can't wait to see her get her first win. But again... if it comes down to her and Stewart, I gotta go for Smoke. Well... I might just go for Danica on that first win

Posted 1 year ago #
  17. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Go Danica.....

Posted 1 year ago #
  18. scurvydog

scurvydog

Login to Send PM

I went to the Budweiser Duels yesterday. I was 80 degrees and sunny (just wanted to make all of you people up north jealous). The first duel was better than the second.

Posted 1 year ago #
  19. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

worked on me... super jealous. Hope you had a good time

Last time I was at Texas Motor Speedway, we were sitting off the start/finish. I was sitting to my brother's right, wearing black jeans and a black t-shirt. My brother, again to my left, decided to eat a funnel cake. The pack flies by from my left to right at 190 mph.... powdered sugar from funnel cake becomes part of my attire.

Posted 1 year ago #
  20. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

DVR. Set. Fav pipe. Check. Fav baccy. ready. I hope she does well.

Posted 1 year ago #
  21. 05venturer

05venturer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Happy Harvick for Sundays WIN!!!

Kent

Posted 1 year ago #
  22. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Did anyone watch the Nationwide race? I was working and missed it, but I take my laptop to work with me and go to Starbucks when I'm on lunch. The first thing that popped up when I logged in was news about the crash on the final lap. Terrible, terrible wreck, and people in the stands were hurt when debris from a car (the entire front end and back end it looks like) actually tore through the safety fence. 22 people were injured, a few of them critical but have sense been stabilized. Amazing no one was killed (although earlier news stated one at least was dead)it was pretty bad. My thoughts and prayers are with my fellow Nascar fans who were at the race and injured.

Posted 1 year ago #
  23. dragonslayer

dragonslayer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Not a big NASCAR fan, I admit to watching it for the wrecks, just like fights in hockey. But it is a cult of the devoted. On my wife’s side of the family they’re all master mechanics. Full out garages you’d see at any retail repair shop with the addition of a side room with every part from every American car going back 50 years. My wife’s grandfather was the only person allowed to touch the Beatty Racing team car, and never turned it with anything but his ear. Being the fastest growing sport, and the heartland of American culture it embraces what we love. Team effort, sponsorship (capitalism), hard long fight with basically gentleman rules, the roar of the crowd and a victor. All the babes are all about US too. I watch when my brother in law drops by, but other than seeing it in the news I couldn’t tell you who was who.

But one of the best weekends I’ve spent in my life was in the infield of the Daytona 500 (’81). We had a big RV and 10 of us partied our asses off all weekend with crews, drivers and fans. We had parked by the fence on the second turn and the smell of the rubber burning was so intense. When you look up at all the people in the stands watching, is nothing like spending the whole weekend in the infield.

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.” Patrick Henry
    Posted 1 year ago #
  24. sal57

sal57

Login to Send PM

48 SWEET

Posted 1 year ago #
  25. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Great race I'm always happy to see Johnson win. He's one of my backups when Smoke has a bad day... and he had a bad day. Danica did way better than I expected. Great job on her part, she really tore up the track today.

Posted 1 year ago #
  26. User has not uploaded an avatar

waymon

Login to Send PM

Todays 500 was probably the most boring NASCAR race I have ever watched!

Posted 1 year ago #
  27. captainbob

captainbob

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm proud of Danica. I enjoyed the race and thought it was a good race. I was happy for Jimmy Johnson. He's a good guy and one of the best. I was not upset that Kyle dropped out with problems. He would wreck his own mother if he had to. I'm not a fan of bad sportmanship as I have seen in Kyle Bush in the past seasons. Maybe he has learned his lesson. But, it will take a long time for him to regain my respect as a driver. I enjoyed an hour and a half bowl of my blend in a large pipe as not to have to reload and miss any action on the track!
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted 1 year ago #
  28. juni

juni

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm not a big fan, but my wife is as she is from SC. I'm glad there is a female driver now - I might watch it more now.

Posted 1 year ago #
  29. scurvydog

scurvydog

Login to Send PM

My race report. First it was good that there were no problems. Last year was terrible with rain delays and more rain delays and JPM cashing into the jet dryer causing an almost 3 hour delay with the race not finishing until early tues morning. And 2010 there was a huge delay with a hole in the track (it was freezing that race). The new cars look cool but there seems to be a problem passing. A lot of the race was like a parade. The end was exciting, which is sometimes not true on shorter tracks. Danica was impressive. I lost a little money in our pool, drank a few beers and had a helluva good time.

Posted 1 year ago #
  30. misterlowercase

misterlowercase

Minister of Tobacciana

Login to Send PM

I like the rally stuff

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Video Widget

Posted 1 year ago #
  31. garyovich

garyovich

Login to Send PM

I did the color guard in the nationwide race (the short guy holding the Florida flag), and hung out in the pits for the race. It was a really great day with a tragic ending. My thoughts still go out to all the fans still recovering from injuries sustained during that one in a million freak wreck.

Sunday had pit passes also, but I prefer to watch the Cup races from the couch. I think scurvydog is dead on about the gen6 cars. However I think after the drivers get more comfortable in them, they will lead to a lot less tandem hook ups and bring back pack racing. Looking forward to the Coke Zero in July!

Posted 1 year ago #
  32. sal57

sal57

Login to Send PM

anthonyrosenthal74 , just never been a Stewart fan because of Home Depot , always been a Lowe's person but I wish him well.

Posted 1 year ago #
  33. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Come on sal57, Smoke hasn't driven the Home Depot car in years now! So you no longer have an excuse. You have to root for Smoke lol

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   tbradsim1, ae1pt, kcvet67, wayneteipen, fishfly, woodsroad, gigger48, elpfeife, lucky695, warren, pitchfork, beefeater33, msandoval858, hiplainsdrifter, rsuninv, edwinbaz, jmatt, ithelouniverse, agnosticpipe, ravkesef, buzkirk, weezell, larrylegend, xrundog, daimyo, werebear, darwin, tanless1, johnnyreb, winton, yaddy306