PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
So I was washing my moms car today and smoking out of my new meer, and smoking for the first time some early morning pipe by dunhill, I was hit with a huge N hit which was unexpected, so my question is, is this just me or is it known for a high Nic content? or was it just because I hadn't eaten lunch yet and it was 90 degrees outside? thoughts?
Gunnar

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I didn't notice that much of a N hit, but if you like that you should try it's big brother Nightcap. Both are a couple of my favs.

Jul 12, 2011
It does have a bit of a kick, esp on empty stomach...heat/dehydrated

perhaps doesn't help the matter ;-) I find some chocolate after a

massive hit of good ol Vita-N really helps me "level out" keep from

hitting the floor :)

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
I actually just got this order in today which has early pipe and nightcap :). The meer also ha the biggest bowl out of all my pipes. I'll assume that it was lack of water and food and the heat. :)

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
09d408af.jpg

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I'm trying to get off the sticks so maybe that's why I didn't notice the hit as much. The only thing that I have yet to hit me pretty hard is SG 1792 flake. I love the flavor of EMP and Nightcap. Although, last night I cracked open an 8oz tin of GL Pease Quiet Nights and that my friend is one of the finest smokes I have tried since I got back into pipe smoking. It's a little cheaper than the similar Dunhill's and it seems just a tad bit smoother to me. It's hard to beat the portability and freshness keeping capability of those 50G Dunhill tins though.

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
Ill have to look into getting quiet nights, Im going to smoke another bowl of early morning tomorrow (morning) after breakfast and being hydrated. Tonight Im going to break out the nightcap :puffy: :D

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
I see well I enjoy the flavor of it so it looks like ill be stocking up on some choclate if the nic kick continues haha guess we will find out tomorrow morning :puffy:

chawz

Lurker
May 29, 2011
Alaska
Mrgunnar, I noticd the Nic too. I've smoked quite a few English blends and I particularly noticed the beginnings of head spin with EMP. Savory nonetheless.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Isn't it odd how different folks react to a particular blend. I consider myself a nic-wimp but EMP doestn't appear to have any nic at all. I also bought a tin of Nightcap to try. EMP just didn't have a lot of flavor, guess that is why they chose the name eh? I also some Boswells "Magnum" which is very similar (light Lat blend) but has a little more character and is less expensive.
Smoking a meer while washing a car? You are a brave lad!

dburrows

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2011
I've not had EMP yet but smoke Russ' Daybreak almost every morning which was made as a sort of replacement when EMP wasn't available for a while a few years ago. No nic noticeable with that one and that's always on an empty or almost empty stomach.
I'm really curious how those compare cause my B&M has numerous EMP tins a few years old and if its much like Daybreak, I want to snatch them up.
I enjoy a pinch of Nightcap but I need to dry it for a few minutes to mellow out the Perique. That's heavy in the N department. I'd probably enjoy it more if the Perique was a touch less.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
EMP's nic content owns me every time, I am limited to half a bowel of that stuff before my head spins and I throw up.

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
I was starting to spin not at the point of throwing up, Iv only thrown up once and that was due to my first time trying hookah and inhaling waaaaay to much

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Make sure you eat a meal before trying nightcap lol.
I still can't get over the fact that you look 30 years old.
Not 18. :crazy:

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
lol ill im cooking steak tonight my dessert will be some nightcap haha
Sparten: Thank you! maybe I am 30 and I got abducted by aliens and so I just think Im 18? but how would that affect my sense of time.. :crazy: but really thanks I take that as a compliment :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.