PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
Big white envelope with an address that reads "Dream Castle." Call me paranoid but the thing spooked me a bit. All my baccy orders and pipe acquisitions are accounted for....And the envelope rattles...yeah like I'm opening that! So I look on the Google for this company Dream Castle and find several folks have received one and no white powder exploded out of it upon opening. So I opened it and found a tin of baccy from Sutliff Tobacco Company. The tin has beautiful artwork depicting a fall foliage scene with a river running through it and the blends name is Great Outdoors. I open the tin and again, no powder of death. From first pop of the lid I was taken aback by the strong aroma of Kodiak or maybe Cope chewin' baccy. I know I can't smoke it because it's an aro and the smell alone was enough to turn me off of smoking it. I guess it will go into my guest tobacco pile of blend samples that I can't or won't smoke. My son in law will try anything, so I will just let him try the first bowl to make sure there are no surprises left in this mystery baccy. I hope it goes well as I need the kid to mow and shovel snow!

Just thought I would share

spyder71

Jul 14, 2011
Can a mod please remove this post. Sorry folks, my puter got stuck on stupid and I double posted this thread!

gecko13

Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I signed up for the free tin and it took about a year to show up. (I would have probably forgotten about it except for posting like this) Was a decent English blend, and the price was right.

spyder71

Jul 14, 2011
Well I am going to throw half a bowl in a cob and see if it makes my mouth hurt. If it's no too goopy I may be able to see whats its like.

spyder71

Jul 14, 2011
With a name like Great Outdoors I was expecting something with Lat...

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Some of the Altadis bulks are very good. Burma Road is definitely going into my rotation, and Balkan II probably is. Fox and Hound from their Tobacco Galleria line is pleasant now and then.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
I've really enjoyed the tin of Sutliff CD Blend that I have open right now. I have several other tins of Sutliff blends that I've yet to try,and I hope they are just as good.

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
The absolute worst tobacco I have ever smoked thus far has Sutliff "Man's Best Friend". Left whole house smellin like booty feet and cornchips as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.