PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
Hello all, My goodie bag from P&C came today and it is quite a haul. Feel very lucky to have been able to take advantage of this deal.
On to the purpose of this post: has anyone tried the new mystery H&H Marquee blend included in the package? To my amateur nose it smells like a light english/latakia blend, I have not smoked it yet but am intrigued.
I thought it would be fun if we all gave our impressions here and maybe even suggested names?!

I was just smoking a bowl of this and wondering what it was also. I'm guessing an oriental forward, virginia, lat blend also. I'm not a big latakia fan, but I'm enjoying it. It reminds me of RM's Original Oriental, except with less of that dirt taste that the OO has, more sweet.
Hmmmm, maybe for a name... Yellow Dragon, hmmmm.... or Cosmic Dragon :wink:

blazze

Lurker
Feb 8, 2014
I believe it's Magnum Opus. I got the same bag and label and it looked and smelled very similar to Magnum Opus. I am far from an expert though. Other than smoking a few pounds of it.

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
Russ said it's a new blend they haven't named yet. Similar to Magnum Opus... He said more details will come out when it's released in May... which is good because I'm tearing through the half ounce...

lincolnsbark

Apr 11, 2013
I had my first small bowl of it in the new Huck Fin and enjoyed the light latakia VA taste. I found the room note pretty good as well, which makes me wonder if there is any burley in it. I just tend to love the room note of burley thats my only guess. I love the dragon names cosmic but I wonder if that will fit with the other Marquee brands!!

blazze

Lurker
Feb 8, 2014
I guess it isn't magnum opus. Oh well. It's part of it now! (Jarred it with my bulk magnum o order haha...)

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
It's got more Orientals than Magnum Opus, and no Perique. It's actually more than half Latakia, by weight, the the Orientals get the spotlight. It has a name, but if I told you....
Russ

lincolnsbark

Apr 11, 2013
It's actually more than half Latakia, by weight, the the Orientals get the spotlight
I have to say this blend is very artfully done then because the Latakia does not overpower me the way some blends do. I love the smokey taste but it must be the balance of the orientals that makes this blend so enjoyable for me. Well done! I am excited to hear the name.
Further, I have to say I'm pretty proud of myself to start a thread that Russ commented in.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
Further, I have to say I'm pretty proud of myself to start a thread that Russ commented in.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
I've been waiting a few days now to try the blend. The time will come later this afternoon.

judd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2014
I hope there is some in my goody bag from P&C, it will arrive on Monday and maybe I'll get a surprise....

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Finally tried this blend today.
It reminds me a little bit of Beverwyck but with more Latakia.
I liked it quite a bit ... thanks Russ!

lincolnsbark

Apr 11, 2013
I had another bowl of this today. i quite like it, there is a lot of latakia but in a way that is more subtle than say London Mix or Black House.

Status
Not open for further replies.