PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Yeah, I had an idea she was up to something, but I've also learned to just leave her alone, as she always complains she can never surprise me. Well she did good this year, as she waited till last night to spring these pipes she got on ebay for us. She's always like her Verona and realized it was made for Tinder Box by Mauro Armellini. So she found some original Armellini pipes for us both. They were being sold as a pair, and she paid less that $80 for them, so I'm not complaining. I don't know that much about Armellini pipes other than what's on line, but they seem to be of decent quality. We're already arguing about who gets the straight grain, and she thinks because I'm kind of a craggy person, I should smoke the craggy pipe. Fine, I'm just glad to have a nice pipe that needed minimal cleaning to smoke, rather than a resurrection from the grave to be usable. We're both going to give them a try this afternoon. I'm expecting no issues, and let's face it, we share everything anyway, so I'm sure I'll get my turn at the straight grain.

img_00721-600x344.jpg
img_00741-600x372.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Your wife did a mighty nice deed. Now you can have the negotiation, and you'll

both smoke both pipes with pleasure.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Two really great looking pipes. Nice older Armellini pipes. I'd say your wife is even more of a "Pipe Babe" after that buy! You both enjoy them!

sjb3

Might Stick Around
Oct 23, 2013
I must say that your wife has excellent taste in pipes and I actually like the rusticated pipe better.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Give the girl a button! I agree with her! Rounded,curvy shapes just go better on women!

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
agnosticpipe said:

My Wife Ran Amok On Ebay
So, my first and immediate thought was "gee, what a surprise ... that's never happened to me ... I wouldn't run amok."
After seeing the pics my thought was "gee, that's terrific ... that wouldn't happen to me ... my wife thinks I already have too many pipes."
Congrats, sir ... nice wife and some nice pipes ...

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Hey, guess what! The pipes smoke great, we're both happy little campers, and I've already ordered more tobacco for her. But I almost feel guilty for using an Amazon gift card I got for my birthday to order a Savinelli Tortuga. It will be the first new pipe I've gotten in, well, since I don't know when.
Oh pipeherman, it's nice to see that Borat approves of the pipes, I just wish I could approve of his choice of bathing suits!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Both of those pipes are very nice looking. I hope they both smoke great for you and your wife. That is totally cool that she has that kind of taste in pipes and that she knows a good deal when she sees it. I have heard nothing but good things about Armellini pipes as they are supposed to be a typically great smoking Italian brand. You are a very lucky guy, congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.