PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
My wife and I went trolling for junk at the local antique and second hand stores this weekend, and we found this LHS Park Lane Deluxe pipe with a brindle/cumberland stem that she liked for $5. It looked a little dirty but not smoked too much, so she got it.

I had ordered some H&H Fusiliers Ration earlier in the week from P&C due to their changing their tin size. I got the 8oz size for $15.00 which seemed to be a good deal for a quality latikia tobacco.

Today I cleaned up the pipe and my wife tried the new tobacco out in it, and she was very pleased with the results. There is with the weird stinger in the pipe too!
So it was an unusual day, with her smoking a pipe I'm not sure about other than I think it was made before 1949, and a tobacco we had never tried before. I smoked some too in an old Savinelli Roma (no filter) and found it to be a really nice smoke. It's supposed to be a crumble kake, but the pieces were about 1/2"x1 1/2" and were very hard. I managed to rub them out, and it was wonderful smoke.
Anybody else have any feedback on either the pipe or the tobacco. Both seem to be off the radar.

img_0228-600x450.jpg

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Great looking pipe. I try to snap up all the LHS pipes I run across. I have four, and they all seem to be nicely made. Great smokers also. LHS pipes were made in Brooklyn NY. If I remember correctly, they went out of business in 1960. I'll double your money for it if you ever get tired of it.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
That's a nice find on the LHS AND the tobacco. I've got a couple of LHS pipes and one has a three piece stinger that looks like it's made of wood. They're quite nice smokers.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I got nothin' on the pipe, and all I can tell you about Fusilier's Ration is that it's on my Wish List of blends I want to try someday relatively soon. Enjoy them both, and let us know what you think as you (and your wife) get to know the pipe and the tobacco better.

Status
Not open for further replies.