PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhoadsie

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2013
Virginia, USA
So I'm watching the kids while my wife does some shopping at Big Lots for their 20% off weekend sale. BTW, its a good opportunity to save some cash on kitchen staples and canned goods. Anyway, she shoots me a text; do I need any mason jars, they have widemouth quart and jelly jars? (she knows full well that I don't do a lot, if any, of vegetable or fruit canning) Well, of course I do! She buys a case of each at a nice discount. Needless to say, I can't have empty mason jars just taking up space in the house so off to bulk shopping I must go...Are there any good bulk sales going on now?
Although there are many examples to be sure, she is the clearest reason that God loves me. :clap:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Great tale, there, rhoadsie! I've been promised a few select masons out of her (my better half) growing collection of masons. But I think I'd rather have her jams and marmalades than a lot more tobacco cellared. Fortunately, we can get more jars!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Makes perfect sense. Maybe your wife sees well-preserved tobacco as eventually slowing your purchases. In any case, stale tobacco is no money saver. Smart woman.

rhoadsie

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2013
Virginia, USA
When it comes to tobacco, the thread title is accurate. For pipes, not so much as she thinks I have enough. But, she understands two things: 1) I love this hobby and gain a lot of enjoyment from it 2) I'm buying tomorrows pipe tobacco at todays prices.
Now I just need to find some deals!

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Who doesn't love a good sale? If you're going to need these things anyway, at least get them below retail. $0.02

Status
Not open for further replies.