My Wife Got Me Pipe Stuff for Christmas!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
So, I'm not really sure what I got yet, but got home first and saw the package from P&C in front of our door. For the past 3 years, she's been shaking her head or rolling her eyes at me. She always says "you have SO much tobacco already!" (which might be true for my current storage situation), or "don't you have enough pipes?"
The only thing pipe related she got for me was on my birthday 2 years ago. She got me a 5pipe stand, and the cowboy boots single pipe rest (the boots are great for storing pipe cleaners). At the time, I had only 6 pipes (maybe 7) and was storing them in an egg carton. I bet she thought by getting me a pipe stand that would be full, that I would hold off from buying more pipes :rofl:
Whatever it is, I'm sure I'll like it. I was hinting about wanting a new pipe recently, but I didn't think she would actually get me one. At this point, I would even like to get a Baraccini. I could use another latakia pipe. I wonder if she took advantage of free shipping...

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Lucky man, mine refuses to get me any pipe related items for any reason. She's a great lady but she's got a blind side regarding my pipes.

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
I know the eye role look. Since starting pipe smoking I get it for that now two. Jusy buying two new chacom's I let it be known I could still use a few more. That led to a rotation description and an eye role AND a bonus giggle.

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
I know the eye role look. Since starting pipe smoking I get it for that now two. Jusy buying two new chacom's I let it be known I could still use a few more. That led to a rotation description and an eye role AND a bonus giggle.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The suspense builds. And you thought it was only kids who couldn't sleep waiting for Christmas morning.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Yeah, I won't be getting any smoking related gifts, that is why I got my own (TAD drop, a cob and a few estates).
My girlfriend doesn't care for them at all. "Pipes are gross and pipe tobacco smells bad." Yet cigarette smoke is "acceptable."

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
My wife was out shopping today and claimed that she "isn't sure what to get me besides a new Spider skiing jacket", to which my reply was "I will show you what I want when you get home". I am looking at two Sav's and some baccy :)

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
yaz, you better have a backup plan in-case that isn't what she expected when you said "I'll show you what I want when you get home."

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
3 50g tins of Peterson! Sherlock Holmes, Old Dublin, and Nutty Cut. I opened the Nutty Cut and my wife let me have a bowl inside. Very good. Mild smoke, tasted great, only subtle hints of the added flavors.
My son sat on my lap and "smoked" an unsmoked corn cob I give him. He stole my tamper and started using it! He's only 2, but already wants to be just like his dad :)

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
My wife got me a tin of 2013 christmas cheer, a Savinelli 2002 pipe of the year pipe and a nice two pipe holder! Best gifts ever..

Status
Not open for further replies.