PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
Has that ever happened to any of you?
I've got cabin fever here in upstate NY. -30 and three feet of snow. Not much else to do. :roll:

brudnod

Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
I have this one pipe that was a "rescue pipe"; a Peterson 312 with beautiful silverwork but when I acquired it it was a mess. After probably a couple of dozen pipe cleaners (not hyperbole) and having to drill out the shank to get ANY flow, scrubbing the bowl inside and out to get some serious grunge off, and alcohol treating the bowl 4 times to get the ghost of who-knows-what out, it is my favorite pipe to either smoke or fondle. I keep this activity away from my wife, of course...

frank13

Can't Leave
Oct 5, 2014
Bakersfield, CA
Screw that. I'd spend the moments indoors, packing my shit and preparing for the thaw, when I can load those cartons into the back of a truck, and move to someplace with saner weather. Florida, California, southern Alabama, southern Texas... I don't know, but holy fuck: -30F is not fit for human habitation.

oldreddog

Sep 4, 2014
May I suggest you use stem cleaner, whilst fondling, instructions from Denicare below:
"It is best to apply the paste in a thick layer, so that the developing rubbings can be taken up without hindering the effect of the grinding materials. Avoid excessive deposits by polishing your piece regularly. With more pressure and many rubbing movements you optimize the effect. Furthermore, if you polish the piece diagonally you can improve the result even more"

Status
Not open for further replies.