PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
We did a thread not long ago asking what was your White Whale? I finally snagged mine, a 1954 Dunhill. "My

birth year pipe". It's an ODA 835 Rootbriar. It's about a size group 7, 6 3/4" long. I like large pipes and

this one is a Babe! (You can't tell I'm proud of it can you?)

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on finding your birth year pipe. An excellent gift to yourself. Having it will make the rest of this year special as well as future years since you can now be on the lookout for other pipes you enjoy.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Holy cow TopD - that is superb - totally my style of pipe. And a birth year too - doesn't get any better than that. Congrats!

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
A babe indeed.
Is that how it arrived or did you have to clen it up yourself?

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Thanks Guys. This is pretty much how it came, clean as a whistle. I ran some Everclear soaked pipe cleaners

and Q-tips through her, and planed to do the whole treatment. But as clean as it was, I loaded some dry

Balkan Sobraine and lit her up. Had just a hint of carbon cake, very uniform. So I left it as is. I can't be

more pleased.

I had never even thought of a 'Birth Year' pipe until I started visiting this forum. I've looked and watched

until this one crept in my sites. I paid more than I wanted to but no way was I letting it get away, but had

to make a new years resolution because of it. No new pipes for the first quarter of 2013 at least. (I'll just

work on my cellar some).

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
Great find and a beautiful pipe. Now I have to work on finding my birth year Dunhill.

Status
Not open for further replies.