PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Please excuse the poor photography. This is my small (but proud) American Pipe Collection. Each of these pipes are excellent smokers; however I only restored the WDC today and have yet to smoke it (hope to remedy that shortly.)
american-vert.jpg

american.jpg

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
That's hardly small, lol. Very nice, was it your intention to have them match so closely?

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
Very nice. I hope the WDC smokes well for you.
I have the one below. The briar is old and must be well seasoned because I get flavors from it that are unique to the pipe. It has a penchant for virginias and vapers.

wdc-600x448.jpg

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
GREAT collection. I'm especially fond of the older Grabow. Some of those had really nice briar and I bet they smoke well. The B Rex is nice, too -- like Wilke, another NYC notable.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks a lot guys - it is much appreciated. I've been wanting to photograph them altogether, finally got around to it.
was it your intention to have them match so closely?
Those pipes actually represent my preferred shape - I am boring that way. :)
I hope the WDC smokes well for you.
Thanks sallow and thanks for sharing the pic - a very nice WDC. Since I was adding dates, I guessed on that one - I need to do more research to see if I can nail it down.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Very nice!
American Classics, worthy of collecting.

I trust they all smoke great.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Six, what a nice piece of American History. The Classy altime Billard. When you think of pipes you gotta think Billard. You done a fine job , be proud of your little piece of history I know I am for you. Damn fine job.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Six:
Boring?
Like hell.
I'm on board with everybody else. You can't beat the billiard for classic style.
I'd round out your collection with three more brands: Ehrlich, Weber and Kaywoodie. You can bag those off the Bay for a song - less than a Jackson per burner - and you're damned well going to get some vintage briar that should smoke very well.
What an excellent share.
Fnord

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
WHAT, no bent pipes???? LOL

I love the classic shape as well, Thanks for sharing with us. A Kaywoodie and a Yello Bole would finish off a nice 7 day set!!! Just a thought. :)

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks a lot guys - it is much appreciated! I thought this collection was pretty modest, hope to be able to increase it.
I'd round out your collection with three more brands: Ehrlich, Weber and Kaywoodie.
A Kaywoodie and a Yello Bole would finish off a nice 7 day set!!!
I actually had 2 nice Kaywoodies but sold them here. One I sold was due to the shape (it was a billiard, but not the exact shape of a billiard I prefer - I am picky that way!) The other was just a wee bit small for my liking.
But they taught me that older Kaywoodies make excellent pipes.

Aug 1, 2012
I'd round out your collection with three more brands: Ehrlich, Weber and Kaywoodie.
Don't forget a Bertram. I've got a 105 Billiard that's one of the next up in the restoration queue and this makes me want to get to it soon.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Nice group Six! If you are going to expand your American Classics collection you might consider a a Medico from the 40's-50's.

timely

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 23, 2012
Very nice group of pipes.

The older Dr.Grabow pipes that I have are wonderful smokers.

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Very nice Six. I remember your earlier posts on Kaywoodies and was wondering why one didn't show up in this collection but you answered the question above. I've been on the lookout for the right Kaywoodie ever since.
Nice group Six! If you are going to expand your American Classics collection you might consider a a Medico from the 40's-50's.
I have one little bent billiard, Group 1-ish, Medico from the 50s that I refinished and she's my favourite for a quick smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.