PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Michael Parks has been a very busy guy lately. I have noticed a couple of members getting new pipes from him over the last while. My commission started in the Summer of 2015. We agreed on the design and I sent my downpayment in early August 2015. October 28th 2016, the pipe is finally in my hands!!!!!
I cannot describe the perfect delicacy that this pipe possesses. I requested a small pipe with a lot of briar. A long shank prince with a pencil shank. In my opinion, Mr. Parks absolutely nailed it!!!
Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure:
ls_prince_inprogress_parks_1-600x450.jpg

ls_prince_inprogress_parks_5-600x450.jpg

ls_prince_inprogress_parks_7-600x450.jpg

sb_ls_prince_1241_1-600x400.jpg

sb_ls_prince_1241_3-600x400.jpg

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Thank you for the kind words gentlemen.
Rustication is gorgeous!

It is actually a sandblast. Lovely nonetheless. The feel of the sandblast is amazing. Very crisp and deep.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Very fine all around! The blast is top notch, and the stem is out of sight beautiful- does that make it a Canadian Prince?? :)
And the third photo from the top has me perplexed- was it going to be a smooth, but changed later?

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
It's such a brilliant touch to see his drawings with the pipe and photos through its construction. I have a commissioned Parks as well. It was great fun and he's terrific to work with, instilling his own artistic touch into your vision. I like facing a choice and being able to say "you decide". Having complete confidence in the artist really helps things along. Thought I'd add one of my photos. It's awesome to see how he does things.

Status
Not open for further replies.